Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 01-03-2015, 11:03 PM

Default LS into 67 LeMans

Long story short: Had an 86 El Camino and I was building a 550-hp LS6/LQ9 for it. The El Camino turned into way more rust work than I wanted to tackle so I sold it. Now cut forward to today when I just snagged a 67 Lemans. Ergo, A + B = LS Lemans.

I already have the Holley oil pan, so it should fit A-OK. I also have G-body motor mount brackets. Does the LeMans have the clamshell-type mounts, or at least have the holes drilled for them? Or was that pre-clamshell? When did GM start drilling A-bodies for all possible mounts like you find in G-bodies?

Then has anyone had experience with what headers fit? I don't mind a little denting here or there. F-body LS headers are said to fit G-bodies with a little tweak on one primary. I'm just trying to avoid buying $1400 specialty headers when I can buy $350 headers and massage them. Header thoughts?

Old 01-06-2015, 02:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There's a long thread somewhere on this site where someone documented his installation of LS power into a '66 GTO. I can't remember the user's name but it has not been terribly long ago. Long thread detailing upgraded suspension, brakes and modern interior.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seems like I remember that one too.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.