Collectibles FOR SALE DieCast, models, memorabilia

Old 03-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

First post, second sentence he said they are out of biz.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The reason they are so hot is the Judge is one of the most sought after cars. These jacket were made back in late 69 and just like me you wish you still had the one you owned. Then there were those that werent that old or just never had one and wanted one. So there are still allot of Judges out there and I think most of the people that own one would want a jacket like this. How many have never heard about these I am not sure.
All I know is I just ran a thread on PYI and no where else and they were all spoken for in hours! There are tons of other Pontiac and GTo clubs along with many other forums and I would think that another run of these (in the size of your choice) would be good.

I actually had two prior to this and decided to sell my XL. I put it on CL and a guy from down south found the ad and bought it right away. I was asking allot more than these sold for back then becuase I thought they were all gone.

There was also allot of speculation back in the beginning about whether there were copy write issues. If a company has to contact their lawyer before they even have to make a quote it probably wont happen. I talked to a couple of shops and I got the NO very quick as soon as I explained what I wanted. They said they could do it but it was a "gray area" and no one wants to get sued or worse.

Even though I know now that there are no copy write issues from information I have received there is nothing I can give to a shop to prove it. That is the jacket but the Judge Patch could still have some issues.

I may start looking into this again so if you know anyone or a shop somewhere that might be interested let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Judge Jacket.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	239093  

Old 03-25-2011, 06:17 PM

Does anyone have a clearer version of the original order form (attached in post above by Kirk)?

1970 Pontiac GTO
Orbit Orange Judge Re-creation / YZ RAIII 400 / M21 4-Speed
1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
5.7 LITRE / TES Headers / SShaker Hood / WCT5 5-Speed
Old 03-28-2011, 05:23 PM

I received my jacket today. It is a great addition to my collection of GTO stuff.
Thanks,
Bob C.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink I'll check...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_SS View Post
Does anyone have a clearer version of the original order form (attached in post above by Kirk)?
as I used to have one just to verify that my jackets were legit. You see...I have two from a Pontiac dealer that say "GTO"...not "Judge". You could also get them with "Firebird"...although I have never actually seen one. I'll see if I can dig it up. Thinking of selling my jackets but have not decided yet. They have the "Pontiac GTO 6.5 Litre" emblem patch on them. This dealer gave one away with EVERY GTO...not just the Judges. I can put any doubters in contact with him...as he is still selling GM cars today at another dealership.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:43 PM

That would be great if you can come up with the original ad Ron

I received my shipment notification and should be picking up my jacket in the US tomorrow!

1970 Pontiac GTO
Old 03-28-2011, 10:26 PM

Recieved my jacket today. It looks awesome and right at home hanging in my 69' Judge!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Senior Chief

Day late and a dollar short........ Came across the post on Judge jackets for sale after they were gone.

I am looking for one..... XL preferably. This is going to hang in my car for shows and be worn on special occasions. Any one have any leads on one? Please PM.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If they can be made again I'd love one with the GTO 6.5L emblem on it, in size Medium.
Got an extra Ron? Send me a PM.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Kirk--

The jacket looks great. Thanks for doing this.

My wife said, "Oh my God" (and not in a good way) when she saw it--made it even better!

Thanks,
Michael Staley in N.C.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Landis View Post
You could also get them with "Firebird"...although I have never actually seen one.
Only about a week before pontiac_banshee let us know that he had these jackets, there was a Judge jacket and one of the Firebird jackets for sale on e-bay. The same guy had both of them. They were both size small and both looked like new. I bid on the Judge jacket to about $300 and stopped since it was a small. I need a medium or large.

I don't believe either of them reached the reserve if I remember correctly. The Firebird jacket looked nice. You might be able to see them in completed listings.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:42 PM

Picked up the jacket from my US Address today and it looks great! Interesting to see these reproductions were actually made in Canada so at least one of them found their way back "home" I was a little worried even a large would be too small, but it fits perfect, so that was a nice bonus!

Thanks again for going through the trouble of tracking these down and offering them up for sale Kirk (and at a very reasonable price to boot) - really appreciate the opportunity to own a little piece of GTO history, reproduction or not

1970 Pontiac GTO
Old 03-30-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bet Winner View Post
... The Firebird jacket looked nice. You might be able to see them in completed listings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Old 03-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not bad, huh? That guy's jackets, both the Judge and Firebird jackets, would have brought more if they were a size other than small.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Check it our guys. Prettly clean setup and excellent quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JDisplay1.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	240270  

Old 04-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Got mine Kirk, looks great, thanks!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink So...

since I already PM'd GT182 with an offer to sell...I'll just put it out there that my jackets are Medium and Large. One or both may be for sale...all depends. Again...these are the "real deal" jackets from a personal friend who was a dealer in '69. I'm just sayin'! lol Got back into the Harley thing again...and they haven't gotten any cheaper either!

Old 04-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy So...

I've decided on selling the jackets as a pair. I'm asking $500 for the NOS Large and the "slightly used" Medium. I will look into the small spots on the right arm of the medium and possibly see if they will come out. Also will try to get pix up before I go to E-Bay with these. Really like to see someone here get these. They've been together for many years! lol If I DO split them...I would ask $200 for the M and $300 for the NOS L. both appear brand new other than the light spatter on the one. Almost looks like a dead match to the silver reflective stripes on the arm. Anyway...more info coming later today.Thanks. Ron

Old 04-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Suspended

Ron- If you split them up-I will take the medium one.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up OK...

You got it. Looks like I'll be E-Baying the Large as soon as I get my hands on a camera! lol Thanks, Greg.