Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 02-26-2012, 04:06 PM

picked up a 12 bolt housing, just need to get the internals, probably go to a 4.11 posi

Old 02-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Senior Chief

Sounds like you are getting it sorted out. Cool.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:15 PM

still gathering parts.. a long way to go with being able to fit in the l99 engine and tr6060 tranny. as soon as the weather warms iam going to take the body back off and see how to fit in the engine. i have to redo the fuel lines with the l99 engine. and get a wiring setup,probably from speartech as you say. also have to figure how to put in the clutch from the camaro as the car had a auto.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:49 PM

due to cold weather i just got to the garage. my question now is how do you remove the water lines that go to the oil cooler on the l99 engine and what type of plug do you use for the large pipe coming from the block? summit racing has a holley oil pan that looks good and will get rid of the oil cooler..

Old 03-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Senior Chief

Not sure about how those lines come off. I went with the MAST oil pan for what its worth. The holley pan looks nice as well. You really can't use that L99 pan unless you had it cut up and welded back together, and then I'm not even sure you can use it.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:09 PM

my problem is how to get the water line off the block. i am told its a quick connect?? and what to use to plug the threaded hole in the block.. the holley pan is new and is a cast aluminum pan like the one on the l99

Old 03-12-2012, 12:27 PM

found out how to remove the water lines. there is rubber sleeve that you pull back from where the line goes in and there is a clip that holds it in.. i would like to keep the oil pan if it would fit but would have to get a camaro raditor since the one water line from the oil cooler goes there. it would save having to buy a oil pan,, also speartech said they could make a wiring setup to use with the tr6060 tranny but have never done it so dont know how well it would work. i would like to get a upgrade cam and still have the vvt with a dod delete. i need to find if a gmpp ls3 harness could be modified to work with a upgraded cam and dod delete, may have to remove both the dod and vvt ??

Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 PM

may have a major problem.. it appears no one has a wiring setup to put the tr6060 manual tranny with the l99 engine with vvt ..

Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Senior Chief

I can't see how you can't get that combo. The tr6060 is the same as a T56 Magnum is my understanding. I've know you can even put the tr6060 internals into a t56 to turn it into the 6060. I know there are people on LS1tech.com that run vvt motors with manual transmissions.

I agree you won't get what you are looking for from the GMPP harness kit, and you definitely won't get VVT to work with that kit since its based off of the LS3.

The only wiring a T56 needs are for the reverse solenoid, speedo, and back up lamp switch, I have to assume the 6060 is the same.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:44 PM

http://www.pcmperformance.com/programming.html maybe able to use gms l99 wiring and this guy can program it . i want to keep the vvt but put in a bigger cam.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Senior Chief

I have no idea never heard of that guy sorry.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:54 PM

question for you guys, even tho i have a 12 bolt housing i now find a 10 bolt posi,series 3 with a 3.50 gear. question is can i put a 4.10 or 4.56 in it ? have to replace everting ? carrier, axels etc? just seen where pick a part sold the same engine and tranny i have for 9100 bucks with 38 k .. i really got a good deal on mine with 11k on engine and 4k on tranny

Old 03-26-2012, 07:16 PM

kinda stuck right now on what to do first, iam out of some garage space as i have the turbos out of my dodge stealth waiting on some 15gs to put in and get it back on the road.. my son says he will order a stage 2 cam kit from texas performance for now so we can do some engine work as it does not take up to much engine space. then when i get the stealth out of the way iwill take the body off the frame again and see what i need to do to get the engine in the frame. so iam holding off on the updated rear end

Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 AM

i just got back from my local chevy dealer .. i ordered the pilot bearing i will need for the manual tranny .. they did not show a plug for where the water line comes from the block to the oil cooler. it appears the ls3 in the camaro also has the oil cooler. i ordered the plug and maybe able to tap the water line hole and put in a pipe plug or get a piece welded in to plug off the hole.. i dont want to have a steel plug in the aluminum block so my thinking is tap the plug. i maybe able to find a brass plug to use. the parts counter lady was clueless as to what i was trying to explane so hopefully i will get the right bearing and plug. i will take my verniers with me to measure the bearing when they come in... we are looking at using a hollie pan but i will decide that after i see if i can plug the water line out of the block..

Old 04-09-2012, 09:08 PM

got the pilot bearing today. took my verniers with me and it apperars to be the correct one.. also got the block plug and good news it is a plug that seals the water line. even the parts guy at the dealership did not know what we ordered. i dont know if the ls3 has the oil cooler but if not it looks like this plug is what gm uses on the ls3. i orginally thougth i would have to tap and use a pipe plug in the block plug we ordered so got lucky on this order. the next time i get to the gm dealer iam going to price the oil line from the clutch slave cyl to the tranny for a 2011 camaro and see if it will work for me in the pontiac. i hope it will be the correct length.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM

everthing in limbo for now. my garage is tied up trying to get the turbos replaced on my dodge stealth. i got the turbos on but the turbo gasket kit i got from fel-pro was a problem, the turbos require 10 crush washers for the water and oil lines and the kit only came with 7 of which are the wrong size. i was surprized as i thougth fel[pro was a good co. i emailed them about there kit and got no return. as soon as i get some room in the garage i will get back to the pontiac. for now iam going to take the body back off. i orginally was going to use a 400 gm engine so now i have to start over with the l99 engine. still need to get a cam, rear end, wiring and get back to the pontiac, any how thanks to all you guys who have helped me with suggestions..

Old 05-02-2012, 10:37 PM

http://www.cachassisworks.com/p-1461...s-engines.aspx just found these mounts, they are listed for a chevelle a body.. i dont know if chevelle a body is the same as the 1970 pontiac a body. any idea if they will work, they move the engine 1-1/4 inches forward and are expesive at 300 bucks.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 PM

a minor setback as my son got me a 1970 gto body and iam removing the undercoating with a torch and putty knife. so minor body repair to do after i get it off. iam going to go to summit racing super summit on june 9 and 10 and talk to the gmpp parts guys there. there are after market companies from all over the country that come there to display there products. gm ford and mopar all have there semis there along with elderbrock and every one else who sell thru summit racing, its such a large deal that you park at tallmadge fairgrounds and they bus you to the store. since summit has over 200 employees they have a deal where the employees park in the neighbors yards, for a price for sure.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:16 PM

woops the post by mikes2nd was me, i did not realize he was logged in on my computer

Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM

found a company nearby who will sandblast the body and epoxy paint it for about $600, they are backed up with mustangs and camaros until about june 18. so in the meantime i should be able to get the rearend built. i found a guy in richfield ohio who does nothing but rearend work, so should be moving along. spent 4 days with a torch and putty knife and it became just too much to get all the undercoating off..