67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 04-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

On Sat morn I am going to look at a 68 convertible. Resto was started, floors are original, s/f has been detailed and reinstalled. Comes with: all the sheetmetal to repair the qtrs and i/o wh, 400 hood, 3 interiors,t400,3 rears, many many other parts.

My main motivation is to buy and harvest the pieces I need and sell.(unless the car is too good)

Anything in particular I need to be aware of on the convertibles?

Thanks-

Old 04-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

On Sat morn I am going to look at a 68 convertible. Resto was started, floors are original, s/f has been detailed and reinstalled. Comes with: all the sheetmetal to repair the qtrs and i/o wh, 400 hood, 3 interiors,t400,3 rears, many many other parts.

My main motivation is to buy and harvest the pieces I need and sell.(unless the car is too good)

Anything in particular I need to be aware of on the convertibles?

Thanks-

Old 04-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Suspended

Sorry, I have nothing to add. Maybe the core support for rust.

Old 04-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

John,

The only differences from my experience are that the floors and trunk tend to rust out because of top leaks. The header chrome where the top meets the windshield also rusts badly and the repro chrome is expensive ($180) and ill fitting. The power top unit can also be an issue but mostly wrt to the switch (~$50 for incorrect repro). There's a lot of current draw for the design and they burn out quickly. If there's a lot of rot, they can sag and the tops of the doors will hit the quarters. There's an X-brace pan below the tranny that's usually missing ~$80 for a nice repop. All of the windshield chrome is different from a hardtop.

Can't think of much else-good luck.

John

Old 04-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

year ago when there were more around a common problem with the converts was rotten windshield frames and dashes. Front body monts were also a prolbem