Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 01-20-2004, 07:50 PM

Anyone ever test an X-pipe vs the single cat dual exhaust found on certain G-body vehicles such as the Buick GN/Monte SS? From the pressure wave standpoint, the two would seem roughly comparable, but obviously exhaust flow through the catalyst would be "channeled", and not as free to seek the least restrictive route. Any Dyno tests out there in the car mags?

Old 01-20-2004, 07:50 PM

Anyone ever test an X-pipe vs the single cat dual exhaust found on certain G-body vehicles such as the Buick GN/Monte SS? From the pressure wave standpoint, the two would seem roughly comparable, but obviously exhaust flow through the catalyst would be "channeled", and not as free to seek the least restrictive route. Any Dyno tests out there in the car mags?

Old 01-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

how do u do a x-pipe with a single turbo?

Old 01-21-2004, 08:00 PM

With great difficulty!

Old 01-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Administrator

As far as a turbo car I think you need to just concentrate on pipe size and flow path.

We are bringing a 85 SS in for Dyno tests next week. Tests will include; stock exhaust, mandrel Cat Back, and true dual with X pipe. Results will be posted on the Pypes site.

---------------------------
Fool around, Get hurt, don't come crying to me.

Old 01-23-2004, 06:15 PM

This should be interesting- GM obviously cheaped out on a true dual exhaust system when they designed the G-bodies. Wouldn't it be ironic if they actually gave the customer more then they intended!

Old 01-27-2004, 07:31 PM

BTW, where on the site will the dyno test results be- some other people i know are also interested. Thanx!