Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 09-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

During the July 4th weekend, I spoke to Banshee(Tom), in reference to motor mount plates for a 69 Firebird. We agreed to a price and I told him that I would send the payment, via paypal. I sent the payment within a few days and the wait began. I waited, and waited, and waited. I then began to call and e-mailed him, to which I received no response. I contacted paypal and made a complaint, so that I could attempt to get my money back. Luckily, I was able to get a refund and paypal went after him. As of this date, I have yet to get an apology from him, nor to I expect to, but it would be a nice gesture. I'm sure people have had good dealings with him, but I would make the argument of "BUYER BEWARE."

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 09-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

During the July 4th weekend, I spoke to Banshee(Tom), in reference to motor mount plates for a 69 Firebird. We agreed to a price and I told him that I would send the payment, via paypal. I sent the payment within a few days and the wait began. I waited, and waited, and waited. I then began to call and e-mailed him, to which I received no response. I contacted paypal and made a complaint, so that I could attempt to get my money back. Luckily, I was able to get a refund and paypal went after him. As of this date, I have yet to get an apology from him, nor to I expect to, but it would be a nice gesture. I'm sure people have had good dealings with him, but I would make the argument of "BUYER BEWARE."

Quote:

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 10-24-2004, 09:23 PM

Banshee's computer is down, he has not been able to get online for email OR Paypal. You should have been able to reach him by phone.

Old 10-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is October, nearly November...his computer has been down since July? Gimme' a f@$kin' break!

Is Paypal really going after him? If his computer has been down all of this time, he wouldn't have been able to transfer the money into his personal account.

bad69bird says he tried calling, to no avail.

Seems to me an ample amount of time passed for him to get back with bad69bird, and he failed miserably.

Old 10-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

He's got a whole lot of parts listed on Classical Pontiac's site. I believe the post is from yesterday or today.

'67 Lemans Convertible...400, 4-spd, 3:23's
'67 Lemans HT...468, T-400, 9", currently being TUBBED!.....SELLING
'67 GTO HT...SOLD.............
'68 GTO Convertible...400, T-400, 12-bolt...SOLD.....
'70 R/A III Formula...Under Construction.....SOLD......
Old 10-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pontiac signman:
He's got a whole lot of parts listed on Classical Pontiac's site. I believe the post is from yesterday or today. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But wait, his computer is down! How can this be?

Old 10-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not me... another guy!

Old 11-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 69 yellowbird:
Banshee's computer is down, he has not been able to get online for email OR Paypal. You should have been able to reach him by phone. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I called him so many times that I stopped documenting it. I left at least 5-10 messages for him to please call me back to resolve the issue...you guessed it, no response.

BTW, I looked at your register date, post count, and what you've posted...is this you Tom??? Seems kinda fishy that the post has been up for quite sometime and I have received no responses to the thread. Now all of the sudden you come to his defense.? If this isn't Tom, I apologize, if it is, your reasoning is a piss poor excuse.

Brian,
Thanks for coming to my defense. I hadn't check the thread in quite sometime and just happened to check it today. I received an e-mail from paypal stating that they would be going to attempt to get the money back from him and I never heard anything else. I did get my refund though.

Sorry for the confusion and that you got brought into this mess.

Later,

-Brian

P.S. I didn't want to stir up a bunch of *****, but I will defend my position.

Quote:

Old 11-14-2004, 08:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

well i met banshee this week he drove down from detroit to chicago where i was staying and dropped off a yz block i had bought from him,very nice guy,always got back to me sooner or later and as on 11/13/2004 his computer is still down.have nothing bad to say about him and no this isnt him

1 69 gto 4 speed
1 69 gto judge
1 75 ta
1 79 formula
1 80 formula
1 81 ta
1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com
Old 11-22-2004, 08:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ron nobs:
well i met banshee this week he drove down from detroit to chicago where i was staying and dropped off a yz block i had bought from him,very nice guy,always got back to me sooner or later and as on 11/13/2004 his computer is still down.have nothing bad to say about him and no this isnt him <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ron,
Glad you had a good experience with him! I guess his telephone lines are down too???
I know you're not him by your posts and post count, but thanks for clarifying that. Later

Quote:

Old 12-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Senior Chief

Bad69bird...

Burned How? I checked Paypal today and the transaction was NEVER completed! Attempt to get your money back? The money was there the entire time. Sent July 7, Reversed Aug 7th. Your money was never in my hand, pocket etc. I never completed the transaction..which means, I never claimed the money. As far as Paypal, if you send someone money, and it is unclaimed, all you had to do, as I have done in a few circumstances is cancel the transaction.

Yes, we agreed to a price, yes, I failed to call you back, yes, yes, yes!

As far as Paypal, I waited 3 weeks after we last spoke, and I called you and you said you were going to transfer the money and left it at that. I never bothered to look for it at Paypal's site after a week because I rarely use the service. Paypal never notified my e-mail account of any pending transaction. This in all terms is the truth. I am not going to say my phone didn't work, I was out of town, or my dad died in order to justify why you didn't get your mounts. My computers drive crashed and was not a priority for myself to fix or replace with a newer model...My Firebirds get all of my time and money.

I am truly sorry.. I honestly believe other than not following up that I did anything criminal or immoral to warrant such scathing. All that was incurred is $1.75 in charges for the transaction fee. I NEVER took or transferred any of your money for the mounts.

How extreme and blown out you made this appear to my name and reputation over what? You sent me Paypal weeks after you said you would, I stopped looking for it, quit answering calls from you because I talked to you 20 times about motor mounts and for all intents and purposes, motor mounts are a 5 minute discussion. I NEVER cashed, completed the transaction nor benefited from you in any way.

As Ron stated, he bought a RA III block from me, I attempted to get my schedule together to honor my agreement with Ron. Finally, I called him and told him I would deliver it to him personally after 4 weeks of trying. So I drove 620 miles to honor my obligation and meeting Ron was a privilage..

Finally, Brian Baker, I NEVER transferred ANY money from him. And as far as listing on CP site, I do it from work..all of my rarely used accounts with passwords were stored in my personal computer and I simply can not remember everything.

Old 12-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Senior Chief

All Activity - Advanced View from May 1, 2004 to Dec. 30, 2004 for

Date Type To/From Name/Email Status Details Action Gross Fee Net Amount Balance
Aug. 7, 2004 Reversal To Brian Hedrick Completed Details -$50.00 USD $0.00 USD -$50.00 USD $7.17 USD ($7.17 is my balance)
Jul. 7, 2004 Payment From Brian Hedrick Reversed Details $50.00 USD -$1.75 USD $48.25 USD $57.17 USD

All Disputes and Requests
Type Counterparty Transaction ID Date Amount Reason Filed On Status Details Action
Complaint Brian Hedrick 4L594375BY779353B Jul. 7, 2004 $50.00 USD Non-Receipt Jul. 29, 2004 Case Closed

Buyer's Comments:
I have made at least 25 phone calls to the seller and have either gotten the seller's voice mail and/or they did not answer. I have tried to e-mail the seller and did not get a response. I purchase a set of motor mount plates from the seller for $50.00 on July 07, 2004, and have not received the item, nor I have received a refund. PLEASE HELP!!!

Non-Receipt, case closed...Simply stated, I didn't get the payment and Paypal closed his dispute. As you see, my balance was $7.17 before and after all this..so his money nor my integrity was lost.

His money was there the entire time. He didn't know he could cancel a Paypal transaction and publicly humiliated my credibility prematurely and without researching that his money never left the electronic web.

As far as Paypal, Brian was given the email address of my Paypal account for the money transfer. I waited three weeks and nothing in Paypal. This was what he wrote to me about the money and Paypal. HE got it wrong, sent me the money 3-4 weeks later than he stated.

Note:
Sorry about the confusion. I wrote down your e-mail wrong. Since then, I checked it on PY's board and got it straightened out. I'm by no means trying to be pushing, but if you could send them to me asap, I would REALLY appreciate it. My car leaves on Monday for the bodyshop to get the front crossmember notched out(oil pan clearance) and the mid & front motor plates put in. THANKS ALOT!!!

Do the right thing Brian...

Old 12-31-2004, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Banshee…

Quote#1:
Burned How? I checked Paypal today and the transaction was NEVER completed! Attempt to get your money back? The money was there the entire time. Sent July 7, Reversed Aug 7th. Your money was never in my hand, pocket etc. I never completed the transaction..which means, I never claimed the money. As far as Paypal, if you send someone money, and it is unclaimed, all you had to do, as I have done in a few circumstances is cancel the transaction.

Answer:
When I sent the transfer, under the status section it stated “completed.” My understanding of the word “completed” means that the money transfer went through to your account and was available to you to transfer same to your personal account. Yes, I was not aware that you could still cancel the transaction once it was listed as completed. When I looked at my paypal account history, it showed a -$50.00 USD transaction, meaning that I did not have $50.00 USD in my account anymore. I believed the deal to be completed on my end.

Quote#2:
As far as Paypal, I waited 3 weeks after we last spoke, and I called you and you said you were going to transfer the money and left it at that. I never bothered to look for it at Paypal's site after a week because I rarely use the service. Paypal never notified my e-mail account of any pending transaction. This in all terms is the truth. I am not going to say my phone didn't work, I was out of town, or my dad died in order to justify why you didn't get your mounts. My computers drive crashed and was not a priority for myself to fix or replace with a newer model...My Firebirds get all of my time and money.

Answer:
Why would I say that I was going to transfer the money when it already was. The money transfer took place on July 7, 2004 (see below for details). Three days after we had last spoke, not three weeks.

Quote#3:
I am truly sorry.. I honestly believe other than not following up that I did anything criminal or immoral to warrant such scathing. All that was incurred is $1.75 in charges for the transaction fee. I NEVER took or transferred any of your money for the mounts.

Answer:
Thank you for the apology. I did not state nor imply that you did anything criminally wrong, but I do feel that you did drop the ball by not communicating with me. And again, I was not aware, nor have I research, on paypal to see if there is anyway of me telling whether or not you took or transferred the money.

Quote#4:
How extreme and blown out you made this appear to my name and reputation over what? You sent me Paypal weeks after you said you would, I stopped looking for it, quit answering calls from you because I talked to you 20 times about motor mounts and for all intents and purposes, motor mounts are a 5 minute discussion. I NEVER cashed, completed the transaction nor benefited from you in any way.

Answer:
I sent the money 3 days after we talked, not 3-4 weeks (see below). This quote says that you “stopped looking for it” (referring to the money at paypal’s site), but how is this so, in your second quote you stated, “I never bothered to look for it at Paypal's site after a week because I rarely use the service.” Again, the money was transferred three days after we discussed the deal. I don’t believe that we talked “20 times about the motor mounts.” If I remember correctly, we talked 3 or 4 times, because there was some question as to whether or not a 67’ v-8 mount would fit on a 69’. I had to make a few telephone calls to confirm that it would. I was trying to make sure that I didn’t buy the wrong part.

Quote#5:
As far as Paypal, Brian was given the email address of my Paypal account for the money transfer. I waited three weeks and nothing in Paypal. This was what he wrote to me about the money and Paypal. HE got it wrong, sent me the money 3-4 weeks later than he stated.

Answer:
We already covered this earlier. Except that the money wasn’t sent “3-4 weeks later”, the reversal from paypal was completed 4 weeks later.

Quote#6:
Non-Receipt, case closed...Simply stated, I didn't get the payment and Paypal closed his dispute. As you see, my balance was $7.17 before and after all this..so his money nor my integrity was lost.

Answer:
You did get the payment, you just didn’t transfer it to your personal account. The “non-receipt” part of the text was on my part because I did not get the parts. Regardless of whether or not I knew my way around paypal, I should have to chase after my money.
Here are the details of the paypal dispute as I copied and pasted it off of my account:

Transaction ID: 0GN108…(took out for protection)
Seller Name: (I took out the name)
Seller Email: t_gr…(I did this to protect your e-mail)
Transaction Amount: -$50.00 USD
Transaction Date: Jul. 7, 2004

PayPal Case ID: PP-044-268-(took out a portion for protection)
Reason for Dispute: Non-Receipt (because I didn’t get the parts, not because you didn’t get the money)
Buyer's Comments: I have made at least 25 phone calls to the seller and have either gotten the seller's voice mail and/or they did not answer. I have tried to e-mail the seller and did not get a response. I purchase a set of motor mount plates from the seller for $50.00 on July 07, 2004, and have not received the item, nor I have received a refund. PLEASE HELP!!!
Date of Complaint: Jul. 29, 2004
Status Details: Our investigation of this complaint is now complete. The seller did not respond to our requests for confirmation that the package was shipped to your address. As a result, we have awarded you a full refund. Any portion of the payment which was funded with your credit card will be refunded directly to your credit card. Credits to a credit card generally take 2-3 business days to post, and may not be immediately reflected in the card's balance. This case is now closed and no further action is required of you at this time.

Tom, as far as I’m concerned, I did the right thing. I hold my honor and integrity to the highest level, as many people on this board can attest to. I’m sorry that we could not settle this over a telephone conversation, but you would not return my calls. I have no doubts that you’re a good man and have good business practices. It just didn’t work out for either of us. I e-mailed you with my telephone number. Should you want to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me. Thanks.

Quote:

Old 12-31-2004, 06:05 PM
Senior Chief

Do myself and everyone else a favor and do not buy anything or promise to buy anything from ANYONE unles you are sure you know that you have the money. I waited 3 weeks..And from then on, I don't give a crap. I HAVE A LIFE and it will not revolve around whether you have motor mounts.

You got your answer 4 months late. By trying to requalify what you think you stated, you are rejustifying. Get a life.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Banshee:
Do myself and everyone else a favor and do not buy anything or promise to buy anything from ANYONE unles you are sure you know that you have the money. I waited 3 weeks..And from then on, I don't give a crap. I HAVE A LIFE and it will not revolve around whether you have motor mounts.

You got your answer 4 months late. By trying to requalify what you think you stated, you are rejustifying. Get a life. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've bought plenty of things off of other people from this site and others with no problems. I had the money, transferred the money within three days, not three week as the paypal transaction in the previous posted shown. I'm done with you and this thread. Good bye and thanks for the wonderful experience.

Quote:

Old 01-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Senior Chief

Bottom line..You called me 20 times before regarding the mounts. You said money was on the way. Waited three weeks for the money and because I did not return your calls, you decided to post what you posted. I NEVER TOOK YOUR MONEY!

Dude, get some self-esteem and erase this crap. You were not done wrong in any way. You are upset because your error in remembering my e-mail and sending the money 3 weeks late.

My Paypal account has never been suspended nor status in question...which simply stated, means you sent the money and it was never accepted by myself.

I have a life away from $50 mounts. I work full time and work on 3 Birds. You stated, I accepted, you failed to send it within agreed parameter of time and you are crying foul. I will not call you as requested for the fear of reading on this forum (as posted by yourself prior with quotes) what I would say to you over the phone regarding this matter. Simply stated, we have been shown the maturity and stature of a transaction you failed to complete. Sure I failed but only AFTER weeks of promises and waiting. If you are requesting merchandise for an amount and do not deliver the amount within the time promised, too bad for you..DO NOT blame others for your procrastination

Old 01-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Seems like this is not the first time someone has had a dispute with Banshee on this site. Looks like a pattern forming to me.

Old 01-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Senior Chief

Who else?

Old 01-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Senior Chief

I had my Banshee experience last spring, I found him to be very shady, he likes to use alias' and thinks hes mr. slick.It is pointless to argue with him.He can make up an answer for everything but it usually contradicts his other jive.Sooner or later he will hang himself as more people start paying attention to complaints like this.bad69bird probably has better things to do than make up stuff about people for no reason.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Senior Chief

What this was was that I needed your YT motor for one of my 2 67's. I had a complete YT I was selling and had been on the classifieds for at least 3-4 months. You were sent the money for the motor, in full registered and priority mail..and you refused to sign for it because you stated to me that I was buying your motor and selling it for a $400 profit. You live in Georgia, I have a brother that lives in Macon and was willing to drive 2 hours to pick it up. Slick? no..I have sold about 50-55k in parts over the past 6 years and have had maybe 2 or 3 complaints and with that, nobody has 100% satisfaction....Thats why I have 82 posts and not 15,000...Computers and forums make it easy for the questionable to try and make another look bad. If it were a face to face discussion, this thread would not exist.

TAjunkman..You were sent $600 for the block, your named price and the money was there within 3 days. Your reading into the classifieds and paranoia recinded the deal after you seen my PY location is Southgate Michigan. Slick, no..trying to get the correct block for my car, yes.