Old 06-19-2004, 02:54 PM

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a catalog that would have the board type headliner with holes like a peg board (which is what my 74 had) or should I look for a junker Nova or Ventura with a good one? (haha)

Ricky

Old 06-19-2004, 02:54 PM

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a catalog that would have the board type headliner with holes like a peg board (which is what my 74 had) or should I look for a junker Nova or Ventura with a good one? (haha)

Ricky

Old 06-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The pre-formed headliner is not a reproduced part as far as I know. The used parts market is your only hope. Getting a board headliner out of a donor car in one undamaged piece is tricky. I've done it through the door opening, but it may be easier through the windshield opening.

PY might carry the correct perforated, foam backed material.

Old 06-20-2004, 06:24 PM

Thanks GTOric,

That's just what I figured, if only I had known they were not reproduced anywhere or just plain hard to find I would not have torn mine up getting it out. By the way mine had nothing but white paint on it no cloth or backing of any type but the board itself. Thanks, more comments welcome!!

Old 06-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My '74 is the base Ventura, not a Ventura Custom, and it came from the factory with a foam-backed perforated vinyl covering. It was built in the Willow Run plant in April of '74.

Are you the original owner? Perhaps the foam backing dried out and the vinyl fell, prompting a previous owner to just remove the vinyl, clean up the backing board, and paint it to make it look presentable. Any signs of a paint job?

Old 06-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On my parts car, the vinyl is missing. Where are you located?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	74GTOHeadliner.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	14067  

Old 06-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i have a new black one if you need it...e-mail me later john

Old 06-29-2004, 10:17 AM

After many futile eBay searches, one day my prayers were answered and I found the actual perforated, foam-backed vinyl material and it was even the correct tan color! I paid about $90 for it and installed it myself. I carefully removed the old board thru the passenger door opening and then used commercial packing tape (reinforced brown paper with wetted adhesive) to "paper machey?" it where it cracked. It turned out pretty nice but it has a couple wrinkles that I couldn't seem to help. I would suggest searching "Nova headliner" on ebay and take your chances. I believe only 73 and 74 used the perforated foam-backed vinyl, and I think it was only available in black, white, red and tan. I hope this helps.

Old 07-05-2004, 03:48 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Held for Ransom:
On my parts car, the vinyl is missing. Where are you located? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am close to Paducah KY(20 miles south). To answer some other Questions there didn't seem to be any evidence of spray paint overspray any where or any vinal pieces/foam under the trim either, it was as slick as a nice paint job!! It is listed as a Ventura Sport Coupe on the title, if that makes a difference. I have owned it sence it was 12 years old(1986) and just don't believe it ever had the foam/vinal stuff people are talking about, but, I could be wrong as I have been before!!

Old 07-26-2004, 07:52 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=34206

2 days and 17 hours left on this.