Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 01-24-2005, 12:27 PM

I'm looking at purchasing a disc brake kit from Performance Suspension Technologies for my restoration. I currently have 14x6 Rally I wheels. Their information says that 14x7 wheels are required. First, is anyone familiar with this PST kit? Second, the 14x6 and the 14x7 wheels have the same backspacing (I think). Will my 14x6 wheels work? I called PST, they couldn't say for sure why the 14x7 is listed as minimum.

Old 01-24-2005, 12:27 PM

I'm looking at purchasing a disc brake kit from Performance Suspension Technologies for my restoration. I currently have 14x6 Rally I wheels. Their information says that 14x7 wheels are required. First, is anyone familiar with this PST kit? Second, the 14x6 and the 14x7 wheels have the same backspacing (I think). Will my 14x6 wheels work? I called PST, they couldn't say for sure why the 14x7 is listed as minimum.

Old 01-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Senior Chief

Are the 6" wide rims dished for disc brakes?

If they are disc brake wheels, i doubt there'd be a problem. A lot of 6" wide rims are for drum brake only. Maybe they're doin a little CYA.

Width, backspace, and offset don't effect the brake fitment. It is how the face curves from where the flange is to where it attaches to the outer rim, and the diameter, that determine brake fitment.

Old 01-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

concur.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:49 AM

I suspect that they are not for discs. I'm pretty sure that they are the original wheels and the drums were still on when I took it all apart. So I guess I'm screwed. Thanks.