Old 02-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can't believe I'm actually typing this, but one of the three cars listed below must go.

1. 1967 GTO. 400 HO/4-spd. 65000 original miles. Car is a true survivor. It was repainted (lacquer) back in the 80s. Needs to be to be repainted again. Has a new 428 in it right now while the HO motor is out being redone (Gessler did the heads).
Reasons to keep: 1967 (same year as me ) has always been my favorite year GTO. Have owned this car for almost 10 years. “Easy” restoration. No body work needed.
Reasons to sell: Car needs repaint. Interior is in perfect condition, but is faded and would also have to be redone if car was repainted.

2. 1970 Trans-Am. RA III/4-spd car. Non-original motor, but I have the complete top ends for both a RA III and RA IV (still need a WS or WW block).
Reasons to keep: Most fun to drive of the three. Rarest of the three. Love that shaker!
Reasons to sell: needs new motor to be correct. The existing motor, a 1971 400 w/ #13 heads runs fine, but like most Pontiac nuts out there, I want it to be correct.

3. 1970 Judge. RA III/4-spd. Restored 4 years ago by previous owner. Matching number CA car (7040573 carb, EES, etc.).
Reasons to keep: collector’s item, economic value, restoration already complete
Reasons to sell: I never drive it, I did none of the work on it so I have no real 'attachment' to it, and it is the most valuable (economically) of the three.

One of them has to go. Which would you choose?

Old 02-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can't believe I'm actually typing this, but one of the three cars listed below must go.

1. 1967 GTO. 400 HO/4-spd. 65000 original miles. Car is a true survivor. It was repainted (lacquer) back in the 80s. Needs to be to be repainted again. Has a new 428 in it right now while the HO motor is out being redone (Gessler did the heads).
Reasons to keep: 1967 (same year as me ) has always been my favorite year GTO. Have owned this car for almost 10 years. “Easy” restoration. No body work needed.
Reasons to sell: Car needs repaint. Interior is in perfect condition, but is faded and would also have to be redone if car was repainted.

2. 1970 Trans-Am. RA III/4-spd car. Non-original motor, but I have the complete top ends for both a RA III and RA IV (still need a WS or WW block).
Reasons to keep: Most fun to drive of the three. Rarest of the three. Love that shaker!
Reasons to sell: needs new motor to be correct. The existing motor, a 1971 400 w/ #13 heads runs fine, but like most Pontiac nuts out there, I want it to be correct.

3. 1970 Judge. RA III/4-spd. Restored 4 years ago by previous owner. Matching number CA car (7040573 carb, EES, etc.).
Reasons to keep: collector’s item, economic value, restoration already complete
Reasons to sell: I never drive it, I did none of the work on it so I have no real 'attachment' to it, and it is the most valuable (economically) of the three.

One of them has to go. Which would you choose?

Old 02-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Senior Chief

Racerboy:

If you decide to sell the Judge, please let me know. If it helps, I was born in 67, I am an attorney, I have three Judges, and one of them must go. It also was an impossible decision.

Old 02-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Suspended

Sell the Judge, since you have no real attachment. The downside is that it might be the one that increases value the fastest-over the next couple of yrs. But you already have a desirable GTO.

Next I'd sell the TA. It's a NOM and less correct than the others.

By the sound of how you feel and the condition, I'd keep the 67 first and do the restore.

Is the problem that there are 2 garage spaces and 3 cars?

Old 02-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Aw Heck, keep em all! You can never have too many Pontiacs!!

Tim.

73 Trans Am, SD-455, 4-Speed, Brewster Green
73 Formula, 455, 4-Speed, Ascot Silver
73 Formula, 455, Navaho Orange Survivor
Old 02-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The TA- keep the goats. Sorry to here you have to sale one.

Old 02-05-2005, 07:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dont sell any of them. If I was you I would build a bigger garage and then get another car.