67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Quick opinion on '69 Trans Am value

A good friend of mine just called me. He is looking at a 69 TA, RAIII, auto pretty much original and good shape with fresh PHS docs. He is a chevy guy so he's not really sure what it's worth. It's missing the Rally wheels but assume (for est. purposes) that it's complete otherwise. My friend knows the seller and has dealt with him before and trusts him but is unsure about this cars' value. Can anyone help? I believe seller wants low 40,000's. Thanks, Mark O.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The asking price does not seem terribly unreasonable in todays market, but it really depends upon condition and originality.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

got some more info : Its a second owner car, current owner grew up with original owner so history is established. Currently a repaint but nice shape, has all matching # drivetrain, carb, manifolds and Ram Air goodies. Odometer shows 30,something so that needs to be explained. I'll post more when I get it. Thanks again for any help. Mark O.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:46 PM

Cool

I saw one for sale in hemmings PHS documented, but was a RAIII 4-speed and 30 something thousand original too, and they wanted $80,000 for it.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It needs to have all the Trans Am pieces, such as Ram Air pans, tubes in hood (not to mention the hood itself) and spoiler and extractors. Missing the TA-only pieces make it not much more than an exotic parts car. Other pieces, even rare ones, that were available on other Firebirds are less of an issue, such as the correct rear axle and the Rally wheels. Automatics are very low production.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the replies so far. 60over, I kinda doubt this is a 30,000 mi. car but I suppose it's possible. I'll have to wait till tomorrow for the official line on that stat. If my friend declines I'll post it in the "for sale" section but until then any opinions are welcome. If anyone is interested in the car, post or email me if you want. Sounds like a nice find if the price is right.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Glenn, I just saw your post. Last I heard, all of the trans am body parts and ram air engine parts were original and on the car. Again, I haven't seen it and am not knowledgeable enough to determine this. I'm just going on my friend's opinion that the seller is a straight-up guy.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

80K+ is what they are going in decent shape and with PHS docs and history. I saw a high of 112K this spring for a thoroughly document, 4-speed car. Needed the engine bay gone over other than that it was a nice car with one repaint.

Old 10-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The automatic is what kills the value on that car plus looking at the pics he put on ebay[IT WAS ON TWICE] the car need lots of work! the seller has been peddling it for a while now. He buys and sells cars out of that area and really didnt know the value of it when he got it. I would pass!

Old 10-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ram4king, thanks for the tip - I didn't know the car had been listed before. I'm going to to advise the guy to pass. If I hear of a lower asking price, etc. I'll post the info, otherwise hasta la vista (did I spell that right?). Thanks again, Mark O.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:37 AM

If I were your buddy I wouldnt get into a car like that unless I was a student of it.
I wouldnt fork over 40K because someone showed me paperwork that it was correct.
Learn as much as you can about the car, then think about buying it.
Just my .02

Gripping the wheel, his knuckles went white with desire! The wheels of his Firebird exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45. True Death: 400HP maximum performance piercing the night; this is BLACK SUNSHINE!!!