Old 04-04-2006, 11:39 AM

Default Supercharging a 2000 Bonneville SE

...so i have a 2000 Bonneville SE, and i want to supercharge it with the STOCK SSEi Supercharger so it's like the Bonneville SSEi.

Can i just directly attach a factory stock 3800Series II Supercharger onto the engine, or are there any complications with it?

How can i go about doing this? Where can i purchase the supercharger?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 04-05-2006, 01:04 AM
Senior Chief

Hmmm, In a word...............Complications. You would have change alot of things besides just the supercharger.

Check this site: http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/

I have a 2000 Grand Prix GTP (same engine as the SSEi). Its not really the same as the naturally aspirated 3.8 engines. 205 vs. 240 HP.
Compression ratio is different, computer has different programming, trans is the HD type, ect..
I guess it COULD be done but would be very expensive.
Check out the Bonneville website and see what it all would entail. Also check out http://www.clubgp.com/forum/

Good Luck!

-----------------------------------
GTO-The Great One for 1967
-----------------------------------
Old 04-06-2006, 06:01 PM

if i take it to GM to get it done, how much would it cost, approximately?

Old 06-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I bet they would charge you so much that you could buy a decent used sse with the difference being made up by the sale of your current SE.

Last I checked in my area Chevy dealers were getting close to $90 and hour labor. I would say the way the techs work ( slow) maybe 10 hours minimum ( that is just a super off beat guess maybe more or less). Add to that the parts ( are you buying the S/C from them new? That would be atleast 1000 I bet).

If it was me, and I was stuck on the car and really wanted a SSE motor. I would find a Really smashed up ( from the rear of course NO FRONTAL DAMAGE) SSE and Have the drivetrain transplanted along with the Computer and everything needed. That would be atleast a 10 hour labor charge I would bet and ofcourse they will add a few hours and charges for fluids and all the other bs. I SINCERELY HATE GARAGES, Also it may be harder than you think to find one who would actually do the swap/work. Some dealers won't do modifications due to liability and the headaches when fabrication is involved. They know if one little thing is wrong you will be back in thier face trying to make them fix it for free.

Last edited by Bad Karma; 06-02-2006 at 03:40 PM.