Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 04-16-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Any experience with JetHot

Any one have experience with JetHot for coating headers? Cost? Quality?

Old 04-16-2007, 01:49 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Not on headers, but I had the little steel front wheels on my mini-puller Jet-Hot coated, just to make a good appearance-match with the polished aluminum rear wheels. They looked good for one season, but now are rusty.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They did a set of Ram Air III exhaust manifolds for me 3 or 4 years ago. Coated in a dull gray. They had been on the car for a couple of seasons with paint and generally looked like hell when I sent them to JetHot. They still look like they did when I put them on. Fantastic. I was impressed with JetHot's customer service and their turn around time was very quick. Given the need, I'd use them again.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.

Last edited by David Jones; 03-20-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Had my intake and headers done in 98. Have the intake on a different car and it looks brand new. Saw the headers last year on my old 67 Firebird that was in a flood and the headers look like sh$%. All flaked and nasty looking. I guess the flood water did something to them. But Jet Hot does have a life time warrenty, so I guess the headers could be sent back. A buddy of mine has had his headers for about 10 years and the look new.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:23 PM

Thanks, it kind of sounds like a mixed bag though on the long-term quality.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The set of headers and sidepipes I had on my old 1982 Corvette were Jet Hot coated in their sterling finish. The finish was awesome, and looked like polished aluminum. The only negative aspect I noticed was when water from the road would splash onto the headers and bake. This would result in a rusty appearance (probably from all the oils and such on the road surface), but nothing a little Mothers aluminum polish couldn't take care of. In my opinion, the coating was well worth the money and I plan to use the Jet Hot sterling finish with all my future header purchases. As for temperature, there was a significant reduction in the temperature of the tubes themselves. I could almost hold my hand on the sidepipe tube after cruising, which is something you definitely could not do with chrome and non-coated pipes.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm525
The set of headers and sidepipes I had on my old 1982 Corvette were Jet Hot coated in their sterling finish. The finish was awesome, and looked like polished aluminum. The only negative aspect I noticed was when water from the road would splash onto the headers and bake. This would result in a rusty appearance (probably from all the oils and such on the road surface), but nothing a little Mothers aluminum polish couldn't take care of. In my opinion, the coating was well worth the money and I plan to use the Jet Hot sterling finish with all my future header purchases. As for temperature, there was a significant reduction in the temperature of the tubes themselves. I could almost hold my hand on the sidepipe tube after cruising, which is something you definitely could not do with chrome and non-coated pipes.
I have had the same experience with the sterling finish. Almost 3 years and with some clean-up they still look new. The temp reduction alone is worth the price. Probably doubles the life of your starter.

Old combo:
462 10.75 CR,,SD 330CFM Round Port E's,Old Faithful cam,Jim Hand Continental,3.42's.
1968 Pontiac GTO : 11.114 @ 120.130 MPH

New combo:
517 MR-1,10.8 CR,SD 350CFM E's,QFT 950/Northwind,246/252 HR,9.5” 4000 stall,3.42's
636HP/654TQ
1.452 10.603 @ 125.09
http://www.dragtimes.com/Pontiac-GTO...lip-31594.html
Old 04-24-2007, 11:13 PM

TransAm525 and TCSGTO, thanks! I've got Hooker sidepipe headers I was wanting to get coated, but the sidepipes they are going into are chrome. It sounds like the sterling finish coating will stay durible and keep their shiney appearance, which is what I was concerned about.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to warriors revenge
Default jet-hot coated headers

hello, i am a dealer for jet-hot, i believe they have the best product on the market!! give me a call, 262-968-2514
414-801-0297 i can save you some $$$

thanks,
kal
www.xtremefabrication.com

Old 05-07-2007, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSGTO
I have had the same experience with the sterling finish. Almost 3 years and with some clean-up they still look new. The temp reduction alone is worth the price. Probably doubles the life of your starter.
I bought a pair of Hooker Super Comps for my kids Trans Am a year ago and shipped them to Jet Hot for the sterling finish. Very good customer service, very nice quality work. I am very pleased.

I've got another pair of Super Comps with one of the Jet Hot matte finishes, though I cannot remember which one. They're on a big-block Vette, they're about 10 years old and still looking very good.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cost for headers....?