Old 05-10-2007, 04:26 AM

Question QUARTER WINDOW ADJUSTMENT ????

BOTH MY QUARTER WINDOWS ON MY 66 GTO DROP TOP ARE A BIT OUT OF LINE.THE BOTTOMS LINE UP BUT THE TOPS ARE CANTED IN ABOUT
1/4"- 1/2" . DO THE REGULATORS HAVE SOME SORT OF ADJUSTMENT TO BRING THE TOPS OF THE WINDOWS OUT TO LINE UP WITH THE FRONT WINDOWS? I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INPUT...."PETE"

Old 05-10-2007, 09:04 AM

Default 1/4 window reulator adjustments

The answer to your question,"Do the regulators have in/out adjustments?" is yes. You'll have to remove the rear seat and side panels to get at them. You'll find a couple of adjustments are possible. You'll just have to look closely to see how they are done. The quarter window is held in place by two support brackets that are attached at top and bottom and have both in and out adjustments as well as fore and aft. Don't get in a hurry.
I have a '70 GTO that I did and the fitment is better than the factory ever did. When the doors close it's like sealing a tomb.(best description I can give).
Good luck,
Frank

Old 05-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGAGOAT
BOTH MY QUARTER WINDOWS ON MY 66 GTO DROP TOP ARE A BIT OUT OF LINE.THE BOTTOMS LINE UP BUT THE TOPS ARE CANTED IN ABOUT
1/4"- 1/2" . DO THE REGULATORS HAVE SOME SORT OF ADJUSTMENT TO BRING THE TOPS OF THE WINDOWS OUT TO LINE UP WITH THE FRONT WINDOWS? I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INPUT...."PETE"
Pete,

Fhummel is absolutely correct about the adjustments.

I just went through this with my '67 lemans vert. What I found once I got it apart is that there were some guide rollers broken and worn. I had to order new repros from Ames, and then remove the RR 1/4 glass completely to replace them. Had to start from scratch with getting the window adjusted, and to make matters worse, I have little or no window experience.

The '67 Fisher Body service manual saved my ass.........I recommend you get one.....they're the best with illustrations and text and you'll need it again sometime in the future.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:56 AM

Smile

THANKS GUYS, THATS WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR,,,THE FISHER BODY MANUAL IS PROBABLY THE ONE BOOK I DON'T HAVE BUT I WILL GET ONE....THANKS AGAIN "PETE"