Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Shot in the Dark: Caroni Mowers Anyone?

Does anyone here have any experience with the Caroni finishing mowers? I have one, and need some help with a simple belt replacement that is less simple because I do not have a manual.

As I said, I know this is a shot in the dark, but you never know what you'll find here.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Did you look online? I found a couple possibilities:

This site has some parts diagrams and owners manuals.
http://www.agri-supply.com/techpages...-equipment.htm

The Caroni factory site has some parts manuals online as well.
http://www.caroni.it/inglese/mac_agr...i/welcome.html

Old 06-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the reply, Staurt. You are often one of the first to jump in and try to help me.

I actually had found those diagrams on the net. My problem is that I am trying to figure out what I need to DO in order to access the pulleys over which I need to get these belts. I removed both of the access covers, one above each belt, shown as item #13 in the first link you posted. The end pulleys are out in the open and not a problem. As the diagram shows, there are two pulleys in the center section of the mower, under the gearbox, and each of these pulleys has grooves for two belts. One pulley, the one closest to the rear of the mower, has clearance under it to "fish" the belt, but not above it because of the shaft from the gearbox above. The other pulley, closest to the back of the tractor, has clerance neither above it (because of the metal on which the gearbox/oil reservoir is mounted) nor below it (because of the shaft that attaches it to the blade below). So, I end up looking at what is to me a Chinese puzzle, how to get these belts around the two center pulleys. It LOOKS like I have to start disassmebling the top portion to gain access from above, where the gearbox/oil reservoir is, but that just seems dumb from an engineering standpoint. However, this is an Italian piece of equipment, soo...

Old 06-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I got the new belts installed. Basically, I had to remove a lot of bolts to be able to move other components out of the way to get the room/access I needed. Seems to me that belt changes should be simpler, but I't not an engineer, so I don't know.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:41 PM

I have a Caroni finishing mower I bought used about 5 years ago. Had know idea where to get parts for it work on it. Found a company called Agri Supply in North Carolina that I could get parts from. When i ordered new belts and blades from them I ask them for a parts list and if they had any manual to help me work on it. The tech I spoke with said he would copy some things and send them to me. They were a lot of help. The web site is www.agrisupply.com or call 1-800-345-0169.

K-Bars