Old 06-28-2007, 10:02 PM

Default starter options?

need help. starter options for my 63' very streetable 326 c.i. would prefer a mini-starter, need bellhousing mount, any ideas helpful, thanks

Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

We've been thinking about offering a mini starter for the early bellhousing mount Pontiac V8. We would need to borrow a stock starter to get dimensions.

If five or more people on this forum commit (pay up front) and some one ships us a stock starter to measure, we will make a short run of bellhousing mount Pontiac starters and sell them at our normal price ($239 plus $15 shipping anywhere in the USA).

http://www.robbmcperformance.com/pro...rter_home.html

http://www.robbmcperformance.com/pro...c_starter.html

Old 06-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the tempest starter nose is diff from big car starters.Not sure if there is another option.Tom

Old 06-29-2007, 03:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

There are two different bellhousing mount starters?

I didn't know that. Well, that complicates things. Probably makes it pretty difficult to find five guys that want a mini starter for the Tempest if the big cars use a different starter.

Sorry.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:23 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Kirk- When I PM'd you, I forgot that you said "Tempest"- was thinking you were looking for big-car starter. Sorry.

... or has a Pontiac born the same year as Jim Wangers? (1926}
Old 07-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jack,I did make one of those bellhousing mounted mini starters work on a tempest bellhousing.I think I had to redrill a new hole in the mounting plate.I remember one of the holes lined up and I drilled the other.I just got one of those units mounted on my 61 car with long branch by putting a heliciol in the bottem hole.There is a pic in the 61 project post on the tech forum.Tom