Old 07-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Rare Factory Options.

I was bidding on a fuel gauge with a low fuel indicator on ebay. I have never seen that before. I was just wondering on the fullsize cars what other rare options their are out there. I did not see this in the car brochure or the accesory catalog.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2413&rd=1&rd=1

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 07-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Typically the low-fuel warning came in a Pkg. with the speed-alert speedometer - though my GP has one & does not have the speed-alert.

My vote for the rarest option is the rear screen door for the wagons. The GM/Pontiac parts book is fun to look in for stuff like that. I have seen a bunch of wierd options in there that I never saw in a dealer brochure. There must be some catalog or book that the dealers had with all this stuff listed in it.

The other would be the vacuum operated shocks. I can not remember the name for this option, but I saw two for sale about 6 months ago. One was NOS minus the shocks. You could adjust the amount of pressure in the shocks from inside the car. Complete with gauge. Should have bought that.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 07-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hitman...have you ever bought any parts from this guy before? I see he is located in Geogia...how far is Duluth from you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
I was bidding on a fuel gauge with a low fuel indicator on ebay. I have never seen that before. I was just wondering on the fullsize cars what other rare options their are out there. I did not see this in the car brochure or the accesory catalog.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2413&rd=1&rd=1

Old 07-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He is up in Duluth about 40 miles north of me. I have bought from him before, a real stand up guy. He has a beautiful 61 Ventura that would knock your socks off. I will do business with him when I can. I went up to 101.00 for that but I have been outbid of course. Would have been cool to have but nothing to die for.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Keep looking & you will find a better deal than that. It is hard to tell that option is there on a car in a yard unless you know to look for the speed-alert speedo in the car. You can not really see the little light unless you look VERY close.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 07-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not sweating it. I thought I might be able to nab it for 100.00, but really I would rather get a couple other things it needs done first. I am going to have the carb rebuilt and have a trans service done, gasket replaced and the little gasket the filler/dipstick tube on the trans replaced. Other than that I would rather have a working clock, mine seems to work on and off. I set it at 4:00 when I got it, I think it has gotten to 4:20 in 5 months. Besides, it is kind of hard to miss the fuel gauge unless the light was burned out at night. Even at that is stares you in the face along with the ammeter and the clock.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:47 AM

I have a 66 accessories catalog with all that oddball stuff listed and many photos. It is fun to look at and imagine, but tracking down a bunch of them? Never gonna happen. I'm buildng a big musclecar with style that can't be beat. I don't want to take my eyes off the prize, so I focus on getting this car done the way I want. My point is, if anyone is interested in this catalog, I would sell it for what I paid, which I think was $20.

Doing a family roadtripmobile now: 66 Bonne 4dr Hardtop under 70K original.. Marina Turquoise. Loaded w/Rally Gauges, 6-way power bench, interior courtesy lamp group, tilt, PS, PB. Needs interior and paint, want to add luxury... tissue dispenser, maybe PW, ideas? and tint the windows.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a 65 accessories catalog and did not see this gauge in it. I would like to get ahold of a dealers book of options for back then.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hitman
I am trying to scan a pic of the safe guard speedometer and fuel warning lamp code 634
cannot do it dang it. it is listed on page 11 under individual optioans and accessories.
patrick

Old 07-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I have a 65 accessories catalog and did not see this gauge in it. I would like to get ahold of a dealers book of options for back then.
The dealer book is the one to have, it will list all the options. There was also a second, smaller book that the salesmen could carry in their coat pocket that's also useful - it looks just like the dealer album except it's pocket size. I have both of them for 1961, and there are all kinds of neat things in them.

One other useful book is the master parts catalog - there's a section on special order parts that's fun to look through.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Damian, I've got most of the 'Accessorizor' Price Lists from the years 49 thru 70. PM you email addy and when I get a chance I will scan the 65 year and send it to you. These have no pics, just part #'s and pricing. I got these out of a dealership that moved 25 years ago. They have stuff written in them in pencil, etc. Pretty neat. Anyone else need any year, PM me and I will scan and send you your year.

BTW, Bob C. is a great guy to buy big car stuff from. He has been buying up neat stuff for years. He also owns a 64 GTO that I place 2nd at the GTOAA Nats in 1989 with. I haven't seen it in over 20 years, but it was a very nice car.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 07-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

. http://www.oldride.com/library/1965_..._catalina.html

Old 07-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

An e-bay auction just closed for a full dash with a 66 speedoalert unit in it.....$380 bucks!!!! Here is link: Speedo-alert dash

I also just picked up an accessories booklet for the 66 model year. Here is the link: 66 Pontiac Accessories Booklet

The accessories are fun to look at but a lot of these items are getting pretty pricey!

Old 07-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 66 price list for accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H.
Damian, I've got most of the 'Accessorizor' Price Lists from the years 49 thru 70. PM you email addy and when I get a chance I will scan the 65 year and send it to you. These have no pics, just part #'s and pricing. I got these out of a dealership that moved 25 years ago. They have stuff written in them in pencil, etc. Pretty neat. Anyone else need any year, PM me and I will scan and send you your year.
Jerry...PM sent.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is not a bad price on the dash considering it has the speedometer, radio, ac controls and a pretty nice dash piece itself. That gauge went for 230 something so 380 is a great price.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
That is not a bad price on the dash considering it has the speedometer, radio, ac controls and a pretty nice dash piece itself. That gauge went for 230 something so 380 is a great price.
Yeah...you're right...with the radio, speedo, ac controls etc. it is not a bad deal.

Here is another link to check out if anyone would be looking for a 64 Pontiac line of accessories

Old 07-03-2007, 05:28 PM

That 66 accessories catalog is the one I have. Guess I overpaid. Oh well. Probably not the last time, either. I think if it's only worth $10 I'll keep it.

Doing a family roadtripmobile now: 66 Bonne 4dr Hardtop under 70K original.. Marina Turquoise. Loaded w/Rally Gauges, 6-way power bench, interior courtesy lamp group, tilt, PS, PB. Needs interior and paint, want to add luxury... tissue dispenser, maybe PW, ideas? and tint the windows.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:30 PM

My Catalina has the G90 Performance Rear Axle option.

I've always been curious on whether this was a common option ???

Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 PM

is g90 the posi code on these cars? in later years it's g-80.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

How about this for a rare option? An In-dash vacuum gauge. Not even listed anywhere that I've found. This was standard in a '65 Custom Sport. It may have been available in non-consoled American '65's, but I've never seen any documents to support that theory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vacgauge.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	96650