Ultimate Warrior

Default Some oklahoma street action....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...b3000346a2.htm

first vid is my pontiac putting a whooping on a chebby

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 09-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice!

'74 ventura, (Fired july 14/06) '74 462 4-bolt (9.5-1), SCAT, Ross, T-II w/850DP (shaker455), TH350, Conti 10'' 3800, Supercomps, Magnaflow, 3'' Pypes, 3.73's, 28x13.5-15 ET streets.

1970 Beismeyer 17' flatbottom vdrive, 11.8:1 455P, ported heads, dual Qjet tunnel ram.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

aah yes, brings back memories of trying to collect the money before the cops show up.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

awsome!

Darrah for President!!!

LOL
Old 09-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice holeshot on 'em.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Suspended

Very nice. You guys ever get caught by the cops? I love to see a good street race (when done safely) as it looks like you guys do. We used to go out on a 8 lane highway late at night and stop traffic. Cops have cut most of it off around here. You get the occational ricer that wants to "street race" his 15 sec. honda in traffic ( unsafe).
Most of the guys now grudge race at the tracks with no time displayed. Have you got any 1/4 e.t.'s on your car and can you share? I know some of the grudge and street races here are for BIG MONEY. None ever knows what the true E.T.'s on most of the cars are. Hope you are keeping your head upgrades quiet as far as your racing circle goes!

Old 09-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Senior Chief

i was there for that one. actually i was the one pourin some vht down for him (brandx), and yeah, not a good race. not only did he hole shot him, but he kept pullin and pullin from him. as you can see, a couple guys just turned around and walked away before it was even over. and to say the least, he was actually worried about that race

Old 09-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Senior Chief

knock on wood, but we have not been busted by the cops in about 2-3 years. we do security now, and they let us know in advance so we can either leave or more the cars off the road. when they show up, they just tell us to leave cause nothing is happening. lol

Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via MSN to fast72lemans

Nice......we don't do anything like that around here....

Old 09-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

nor here

Darrah for President!!!

LOL
Old 09-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

around here if your caught the car is confiscated, too much risk. They also charge you with every offense possible, reckless driving, reckless endangerment, racing (yes this is an offense), etc etc.

It does happen, a lot of ricers that run fast.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yup, here too. Nasty fines and your car is gone. Although i do notice they don't bother us muscle car guys much, they just go after the ricers.

'74 ventura, (Fired july 14/06) '74 462 4-bolt (9.5-1), SCAT, Ross, T-II w/850DP (shaker455), TH350, Conti 10'' 3800, Supercomps, Magnaflow, 3'' Pypes, 3.73's, 28x13.5-15 ET streets.

1970 Beismeyer 17' flatbottom vdrive, 11.8:1 455P, ported heads, dual Qjet tunnel ram.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Back in the good ol' days...

You could drive 30 minutes north of the Phoenix city limits out into the desert and turn off the main highway onto Dixileta Road; a paved, straight, flat stretch of two lane blacktop with nothing on it for over 20 miles.

Now if you drove only 5 miles or so down it, you would find a one foot wide white line hand-painted across the road, with a bunch of black tire marks across it. Hmmm and about, no exactly 1,320 ft further east, a very similar white line.

Of course nowadays Dixileta road has high density, cookie-cutter houses all along both sides of it the entire length, and the only street racing commonly seen is by the aforementioned 15 second ricers.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So in the event your car gets crossed up and it ends up on its lid after barrel rolling and your knocked into next week and your steering column is poking out of your chest who comes to the rescue? Camera man keeps his jaws of life handy? Not trying to be a dick but man thats about as unsafe as it gets.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 09-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

so, in the event that you are driving home from work and the retard suit drinking his starbucks talking on the phone while trying to read the paper crosses into your lane and hits you head on and you are knocked into next week and your steering column is poking out of your chest who comes to the rescue? And you dont even have a camera man! Not trying to be a dick but man thats about as unsafe as what i do on a desolate piece of road with only 2 cars on it and both are paying 100% attention to what they are doing. HMMMMMMMmmmmm.......man you shouldnt ever go to work again. Give me a break

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 09-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used to see that around here quite often but innocent people got killed in several incidents. New laws have been passed and if you get caught street racing the penalty is just as bad as getting a DWI. Even squealing your tires can get you an "exhibition of speed" ticket which gets your car hauled away and you get a trip to jail. The good side of the deal is that a lot of this has moved to the local tracks and off of the streets.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

yea seriously dude i think EVERY racer started on the street. you can cross and crash at the track too! ask a few of our board members. its only safer because cars arent coming the other way.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX
so, in the event that you are driving home from work and the retard suit drinking his starbucks talking on the phone while trying to read the paper crosses into your lane and hits you head on and you are knocked into next week and your steering column is poking out of your chest who comes to the rescue? And you dont even have a camera man! Not trying to be a dick but man thats about as unsafe as what i do on a desolate piece of road with only 2 cars on it and both are paying 100% attention to what they are doing. HMMMMMMMmmmmm.......man you shouldnt ever go to work again. Give me a break
x2. through all the street racing i have witnessed since i was 16 (i am 22 now), i have seen one wreck (nothing rolled, nobody was killed or serverely injured, just a broken arm, and some bruises). everytime i go to the track here, i see about 1 wreck a night. not necc. a bad wreck, but gets loose, touches the wall, etc. im not sayin street racing is safe or good, but you could die by plugging a radio into the wall tonight. or drivin to work next week. etc etc.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX
Thats great your on a desolate piece of road. That means you wont kill some body else. The concern was for the safety of the drivers which includes you. Take it and compare it as you will but at 43 years old I've lost to many friends to this type of activity. As long as your good with it and your not puting bystanders at risk, by all means tear it up.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 09-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tracks have emergency medical units that respond quickly. Just remember, if something happens, YOU chose to race like that...nobody's fault but your own. I don't agree with street racing at all...to each his/her own.

That said, I appreciate your taking it to a desolate area...at least you won't (hopefully) kill anyone not involved.

9.81 @ 136.39MPH