Old 03-09-2008, 12:11 PM

Default Windows

Both windows in my 79 T/A have a hard time going up. I'm confident that the motors are ok. The front half doesn't go up as fast as the back. I have to pull the front up to help them close. It looks like the regulator and the little guide roller work ok. When I watch it go up, it seems like the large wheel that's attached to the window needs to rotate up. The guide roller's attached at the bottom(6:00) of the wheel when it's down. When I pull the window up, the roller attachment rotates up to the top(12:00). My guess it that the roller shouldn't go that far down. I think if it went down to 3:00 or so, it would work better. How would I go about fixing this? Did I make any sense in my description?

Old 03-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds to me like one of the rollers (front?) may have come out of the track OR have too much play/wear in roller itself.