Old 03-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Heater Core Removal

Replacing the heater core in a 79 TA with air. got every thing under the dash removed, along with the inner fender panel and the heater hoses. Found one long stud with nut right under the lower heater hose, removed that. Doing a search here and found referance to removing the AC box on the fire wall to get at some other bolts. My question is do both pieces of the AC box need to be removed? How many more studs/nuts are there on the fire wall side?

Thanks for you reply.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've done several 2nd gen A/C heater cores (over the years) & the evap housings under the hood didn't need to come out/off.
Go around the outside of the housing (under the hood )& check to make sure you've got ALL of the nuts off.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I agree with 2Many. Its been along time since I did one, but I remember there are a couple screws (maybe bolts on studs?) on the evap housing down low on the firewall.

Its a no fun job, good luck!

Old 03-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I see one stud with a nut straight back from the pass side valve cover, hav'nt had time to look for more. Thanks Guy's for saving me a lot of work.