Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:17 AM

Default ? about the polaris RZR

thinking about buying one have any of you guys owned one if so any problems.. or do you know of one for sale..polaris rzr side by side thanks ...

Old 11-21-2008, 03:57 PM

Buddy of mine has one...lots of fun and fast even stock. Only problem he has had is one of the half shafts on the rear broke or came out on the rear the other day....thing probably doesn't have40 hours on it. The dealer said they haven't had any problems like that before??????

Old 11-21-2008, 04:05 PM

thanks thats the great anser all dealers give you when they have several with the same problem..they look fun but they are not cheap just trying to get as much info as i can.......thanks 784spdta

Old 11-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIOSILVER View Post
thanks thats the great anser all dealers give you when they have several with the same problem..they look fun but they are not cheap just trying to get as much info as i can.......thanks 784spdta
Polaris' are good machines and the razor is a wicked ride. In the last few years we have been doing a ton of riding with lots of different people in a variety of different places and conditions including deep water. The general concensus is that even though the Polaris' are good machines, they tend to have more issues than others, same with Can Am/Bombardier.

They may not be the fanciest, quickest, or the baddest but the most durable,longest lasting, and dependable machines your going to find people riding the most, in areas where ATV and UTV's are used as a primary means of transportation, work, and pleasure are Hondas. It's nothing to find someone in a rural area with a 8,9,10 year quad with 20-30K miles on it and done nothing but tires, brakes, and oil changes to it. Honda finally came out with their version of the UTV and it's one I would consider if I was looking to purchase a side by side. You might pay a few bucks more for the name but they deserve that respect.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In reply to your question: Yes,

There was one "small issue" with the POLARIS 08 RZR that I heard of.
The air filter box allowed dirt and dust to enter and this was corrected for the 09 models.
I am not 100% sure if they did a factor fix (kit) for the 08s, but think I heard they did some kind of retro fit.

A best friend is a dealer in NC and he has two personal RZRs on his farm, and loves them.
They were a little hard for me to get in and out so I went with the 09 RANGER which has been redesigned with more room. A picture below with options added, roof, windshield glass, side bars, lights, rear bumper, few others....
The Ranger suited my purposes better anyway for hunting and fishing, but those RZRs were really neat. I looked at them as well, as he has quite a few in stock.

I asked him if they had any other problems with the RZR and this was the only one he was aware of.

He has one of the largest dealerships East of the Mississippi and has a large inventory if you are looking.

www.brewercycles.com

If you want, call him with any questions, he will be happy to help answer as hes an owner also.
Chris is his name.

Jeff

Last edited by JLHarper; 11-25-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:32 AM

good looking ranger.. well looks like its a yamaha rhino all the info i can get says the rhino is the best bang for the buck plus there is alot of add on parts for these as well..any rhino owners on here,,,