Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Looking for a DJ

Since there's no Help Wanted section - I thought I'd post this here

JULY 25th -26th 2009 The Indian Uprising All Pontiac Weekend - St Charles, IL

Looking for a DJ to play music and make announcements over the weekend. Must have experience with large car shows (on a large amount of acreage) and have a dynamic personality (very important). If your local to the Midwest car show scene, we have used 3-D Sound in the past. They are hands down the best around and have really added value to our show. We missed their presence last year. Unfortunately they are booked again for our 2009 show dates.

If anyone knows of a DJ company that really gets the crowd moving and knows the car hobby, please contact me quickly.

Thanks

Old 12-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm a DJ..........

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking Must have a dynamic personality!!

Just messin with ya DJ!

Old 12-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I had the most important part covered...........

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ya know the comedy team of David and Kieth could be just the entertainment we're looking for!!

Seriously though....a good DJ at a car show makes all the difference. We need one.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bumpity bump.......Anyone???

Old 12-31-2008, 06:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Steve Dahl's looking for a gig.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goathead68 View Post
Steve Dahl's looking for a gig.
Ken..is that you??? Where have you been??

Is Steve pulling that crap again?? I swear every time he has a contract coming due he pulls that sh*t. Can you imagine what contact negotiations for a car show would be like with him?? He's such a weasel.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...7-logi&fr2=sfp

Might this help???

DONE 11.738 @ 114 mph

See my thread in Best Pontiac Stories
http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=598985

Mrs. Rob B as of 9/25/2010

THE BEAR KILLER
Old 12-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustie View Post
I was hoping to find someone that could come with recommendations. The guy last year was....well you know. You were there!!

Old 12-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yeah, but the guy last year wasn't horrible to me. He wasn't great, but not horrible either. From what you said, the guy in years past had been really really good. He's going to be a hard act to follow for anyone.

DONE 11.738 @ 114 mph

See my thread in Best Pontiac Stories
http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=598985

Mrs. Rob B as of 9/25/2010

THE BEAR KILLER
Old 12-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustie View Post
Yeah, but the guy last year wasn't horrible to me. He wasn't great, but not horrible either. From what you said, the guy in years past had been really really good. He's going to be a hard act to follow for anyone.
I know. Thats the challenge. The past guy did so many car shows that he new a lot of the car owners. But it wasnt simply about that. He had a great personality that really got people excited. There was a connection between him and the crowd.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
Ken..is that you??? Where have you been??

Is Steve pulling that crap again?? I swear every time he has a contract coming due he pulls that sh*t. Can you imagine what contact negotiations for a car show would be like with him?? He's such a weasel.
Paul,

I saw your post requesting help in finding a DJ. I know that 'the Stever' is unemployed. I got an image in my head of Steve standing at a table, spinning discs, doing a lead-in to something like 'Little GTO' and felt the need to post something irrelevant.

Steve was let go from his radio gig a few weeks ago by CBS. Poor ratings, at least in the eyes of CBS. He has to stay off the air for the length of his contract, which CBS is honoring.

I vaguely recall the club sending out a few feelers to him more than a few years ago to see if he wanted to be a member and/or if he'd be interested in attending a show. I think he owns a GTO. Pardon my memory if it's errant.

To answer your second question last, I've been around, but not here too much.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goathead68 View Post
Paul,

I saw your post requesting help in finding a DJ. I know that 'the Stever' is unemployed. I got an image in my head of Steve standing at a table, spinning discs, doing a lead-in to something like 'Little GTO' and felt the need to post something irrelevant.

Steve was let go from his radio gig a few weeks ago by CBS. Poor ratings, at least in the eyes of CBS. He has to stay off the air for the length of his contract, which CBS is honoring.

I vaguely recall the club sending out a few feelers to him more than a few years ago to see if he wanted to be a member and/or if he'd be interested in attending a show. I think he owns a GTO. Pardon my memory if it's errant.

To answer your second question last, I've been around, but not here too much.

I read through his log and it seems he's still getting paid through his contract even though he's not on the air. I sent him an email. I just wonder if he can do side work like that. Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea he was off the air.