Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Unhappy Received Defective Slick!!!! EEK!!!

When mounting the tires today it was noticed there appears to be a gouge in the carcass right at the shoulder. Nothing shows from the outside. Man I am glad the tire guy has sharp eyes! It is a small circle, about 1/4". I already have a return label from Summit and am shipping it back for inspection/replacement. So far the process has been very smooth. I will keep you posted.

PHILLYGOAT

1.41 60ft 6.45@104.97mph 10.25@127.12mph(Pontiac Heaven)
More Details on GOAT http://www.pontiaczone.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=379
GTO Burnout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZqdcH0Ltc4
Old 03-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, glad your guy caught it!
One thing is for sure, Summit is very good about replacing damaged/defective goods. I had some head gaskets that got damaged in shipment- I had the new ones 2 days later.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 03-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

3 years ago I bought a pair of Phoenix front runners. 2 weeks after they were mounted 1 went flat. It was leaking air at the sidewall, 2 pinholes. Summit gave me a # to call the distributor. They said send it to them & they would replace it, even though "racing tires" aren't guaranteed. I couldn't be without a tire in the middle of a season so I'm still airing it up.

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"
Old 03-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Philly, I told you that those slicks were old. LOL 1965 Mickey Thompsons-more LOL Hope you get it straightened out.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 AM

The last time I bought a set of slicks I decided to go to a local Hoosier dealer instead of going the mail order route. It was just a matter of convenience more than anything since I have had no problems with Summit , Jegs' etc.

After mounting, balancing, and screwing them to the rim, I noticed (after a couple days) one was going down. We found a pinhole right in the middle of the tire. I called the dealer, who did not mount the tire for me, and they said bring it back and they would check it. They gave me a new tire and had a service rep check the bad one.

To make a long story short, they determined it was a manufacturing defect and I was not charged and even offered to pay for the mounting of the new slick. I believe that being able to go face to face with the dealer saved me considerable time and inconvenience.

I can't say if one of the mail order houses would have made it good or not(mainly because it was screwed etc.), but I didn't have to go through the trouble of finding out.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up Good Customer Service at Summit!!

Called customer service on 3/21/09 and they immediately emailed me a shipping label to return the defective slick without any questions. I sent it out the next day. I ordered a new slick to be sure I had it mounted up in time to head to PONTIAC HEAVEN and was hoping to be reimbursed. I got busy and forgot to contact them to see what was going on. Without being bugged they reimbursed my credit card! Way to go Summit!

PHILLYGOAT

1.41 60ft 6.45@104.97mph 10.25@127.12mph(Pontiac Heaven)
More Details on GOAT http://www.pontiaczone.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=379
GTO Burnout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZqdcH0Ltc4
Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I got a used set of plug wires from Summit once, problem was fixed right away.

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"