The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 10-12-2009, 04:05 PM

Default 1965 Tempest Interior Color Help Needed

My '65 Tempest was originally Tiger Gold with a gold interior. The previous owner had it painted Maroon. He also had the dash, door and kick panels painted Maroon. I just had the car repainted the same color (which is another horror story altogether) and am ready to do the interior. My question is this: because the inside of the doors (where driver rests their left arm) were shot in the body color have I limited my interior choices? I do not want to repaint the dash and doors black. If I have to keep the inside maroon, I guess I have to paint/dye the interior pieces. What interior door panel color should I buy as a base? Parchment? The engine is out of the car right now, and I'd like to make this my winter project. Thanks.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Senior Chief

Dark colors should use black as a base color.....reverse with light colors....JB.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

IMO, it will never look right with the 'body color' dash and trim as this is not the way it was trimmed originally. The factory trimmed the interior to match the interior color, not the exterior color. No 65's that I'm aware of had maroon or burgundy interiors. The only A body interior color close would have been red metallic in 65 and the dash and door trim and kick panels, etc would have been painted to match regardless of exterior color. The exception would be parchment interior which had a black dash and kick pads,etc; but parchment door trim. Good luck with your project.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT