THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Dodge truck picture needed

Anyone got a picture of a 2002 (or thereabouts) Dodge truck showing the hood up or the grille? It looks to me like the bodyshop left out a critical piece of the bumper support that spans across the grille opening. I'm going through my 2002 factory service and parts manual and cannot locate the actual part that is missing.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Traker82

my brother has a 2004 and I have a 2010. If those work pm me your email or cell and I will take pictures when I get home.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is it the newer style? Missing the lower tie bar? Right in frt of radiator. #55276096ab ??? http://www.autopart.com/body/BodyPar...DGERAM2500.htm

Old 12-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I own a Dodge truck, 2003 Sport R/T model and have one I can send you

400 .060 Eagle Rods
Old 12-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I haven't had time to pop the hood, just gauging by the large empty space in the bumper just above the tag frame. I don't recall it ever having such a large space showing and you can see the left and right hand side of the frame supports. I thought there was a span between them with a plastic filler in front, maybe I was wrong...I don't pay much attention to the wifes truck. Will pop hood tomorrow then I will know.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:36 PM

There is suppoed to be a filler plastic piece above the chrome bumper, my bro has a 2002 but there is tow hooks mounted there instead. The filler piece looks more finished, the hooks look aftermarket.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That filler is available in a Taiwan repo. If i'm thinking right, the gap between the grille and that filler looks larger than normal? If so, that repo filler may not be as tall as a NOS filler. Otherwise, there is no other support or filler that attaches below the grille.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:13 PM

Is your 02 Dodge truck a 1500 or 2500/3500? The 1500 for 02 were the new DR body style, while the 2500/3500 models still were the old BR/BE body style, and they they are totally different. Let me know which you have, and I might be able to help you out.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've got the newer style...1500 quad cab. I'm such an ass...I looked at my own pics from the wreck and found part of what I was looking for...they left out the filler panel that mounts between the chrome and the painted portion of the bumper. Still need to see a pic with the hood up to make sure they reinstalled any necessary bumper supports.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
.they left out the filler panel that mounts between the chrome and the painted portion of the bumper. Still need to see a pic with the hood up to make sure they reinstalled any necessary bumper supports.
I'd love to hear that explaination!

There isn't much in the way of supports for those bumpers except the 2 brackets that bolt it to the frame in either sides. It's pretty much wide open when you open the hood on the truck. Should be chrome bumper, painted piece/filler on top of that, then the black pastic tread plate that snaps in on top of the filler. If you don't get a picture by tomorrow evening, I'll snap one for you and post it then.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They got everything right on the bumper...except for that filler piece. I looked at the report compiled by the body shop and adjuster, and that filler piece isn't mentioned...they overlooked it. The step pad on top of the bumper is mentioned however. They'll be getting a call today.