Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 02-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Senior Chief

Default INTERIOR

I didn't see a thread for this so I put it in the street section. Question for everyone's opp. I have been looking at interiors, which is better PUI or legendary.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JONES View Post
I didn't see a thread for this so I put it in the street section. Question for everyone's opp. I have been looking at interiors, which is better PUI or legendary.
here you go...

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...archid=2676359

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...archid=2676361

grab a comfy seat and a soda / coffee / beer / lemonade / etc...and enjoy.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JONES View Post
legendary. Seam process is better and more like original. Material has more of a dimensional effect I guess I would say. I don't think PUI is necessarily bad either, but you asked to pick the best.

400 + .020, decked to .005
SD Performance 240+CFM 670 heads
RARE HO/RA manifolds
RARE 2.5" Exhaust (18" Magnaflows)
SD "Stump Puller" HR cam (230/236, 112LSA, 107.5 ICL)
PRW stainless 1.52 roller rockers
Forged TRW slugs
SCAT H-Beam forged rods
Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've just finished recovering 1 seat so far, will start the other bucket tonight, then attack the rearr over the next week or 2, on a 69 goat.
I'm using PUI and would have to say the finish compared to the original is very good, I'm happy. I have read in the past that PUI have really picked up over the years, and must admit I only have seen 1 legendary interior, so my option probably doesn't count for much

Old 02-08-2011, 09:34 PM

Legendary hands down for fit as well as color match.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:51 AM

I've used both PUI and Legendary. Hands down legendary is better.

Cat

Old 02-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Senior Chief

Default Legendary

I looked at a lot of pics on this forum, and bought Legendary.....better details in the lines, designs. Installed in my 69, the Legendary look great, and the vinyl feels very heavy weight......I got mine during one of Legendary's annual sales, and saved quite a bit (they posted the offer on this forum and I ordered directly), I got door panels, vinyl top, headliner, all my seats....nice stuff.

I also got a premium seat foam from Legendary that they sell, the brand I got from Legendary "requires little or no shaping"......and I must say it came out nice. I've seen some interiors where the foam doesn't fill the shape of the seat cover just right, and waviness or misshapeness occurs from minor voids. Don't skimp on the foam (wasn't much more for the better item).

Old 02-09-2011, 08:54 PM

I bought a set of bucket seat upholstery made by PUI last winter from PYear's about six months later a few of the pleats in one of the bucket seat base kinda pulled and made it look flat. I called performance years and they contacted PUI. A couple of days later a complete set arrived on my front door. A month ago I accidentally tore one of the seat backs. I called PYears and they again contacted PUI and for a reasonable price I am getting a new seat back. That to me is about as good as it gets for customer service. All that aside I have heard that the quality of legend is excellent. I also have been told that they are not as likely to be kept on hand so you may have to wait awhile. Either way performance years sells both.