Old 03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Arrow FIVE SHOW CARS FOR SALE

Some of you may already know GTOAA and POCI member Neil Cofell from Bismark, ND. Neil owns some extraordinary Pontiacs including five GTOs and five second gen Trans Am/Firebirds. Unfortunately health issues force the immediate sale of all cars. These are not bargain prices but they are outstanding cars and the first time ever offered for public sale.

Out of respect for Neil, please no tire kickers or dreamers. If you do not have the cash, please do not call or email.

Neil Cofell 701-258-8479
ncofell@bis.midco.net

I was unable to convert the pictures I received from the pdf file however Neil has ample photos in his possession for serious buyers.

Cars 1-5 are posted in the GTO/Lemans FOR SALE section.

Car 6. 1974 Pontiac Trans Am (Show Car)
455 cubic inch V8 290 horsepower (SD 455), automatic transmission, air conditioning, power windows, power door locks, rear window defrost, AM/FM radio and 8 track player. Admiralty blue exterior and white interior with blue appointments.
For Sale --$65,000.00

Car 7. 1977 Pontiac Trans Am
400 cubic inch V8 180 horsepower, automatic transmission, air conditioning, rear window defrost and AM/FM radio. Sterling silver exterior and firethorn lombardy cloth interior.

Car 8. 1978 Pontiac Trans Am (Mecham Turbo Macho#69)
This car is 1 of only 9 turbos produced, and the only one known to exist with operating turbo at this time.
488 cubic inch turbocharged V8 650 horsepower, four speed manual transmission, air conditioning, power windows, power door locks and no radio. Martinique blue/Gold trim accents exterior and camel tan lombardy cloth interior.

Car 9. 1978 Pontiac Trans Am (Motion Rat Bird)
This is the only documented one know to exist.
454 cubic inch Chevy LS6 V8 500+horsepower, B & M automatic transmission, air conditioning, power windows, power door locks, rear window defrost, AM/FM radio and 8 track player. Mayan red exterior and carmine lombardy cloth interior.

Car 10. 1981 Pontiac Trans Am (Trans Am Specialties Bandit#24)
This car is 1 of 30+ only documented one know to exist.
455 cubic inch V8 450+ horsepower, Doug Nash 5 spd manual transmission, air conditioning, power windows, power door locks, rear window defrost, AM/FM radio and cassette player. Starlight black exterior and camel tan lombardy cloth interior.

After typing all this out, I realized I do not have prices for cars 7-10 at this time. I will contact Neil and get those prices and update the thread ASAP.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Car Photos

Here are photos of each car. These are the only photos I have available right now.

Car 6.

Car 7.

Car 8.

Car 9.

Car 10.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Beautiful cars John. Any chance you could post the size of the rims and tires on Car 9. 1978 Pontiac Trans Am (Motion Rat Bird)

Thanks
Charles

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Awesome cars and I have seen them all less the motion. Neil is a perfectionist and thats why I bought his Brewster 4 speed. That Bandit car turned out killer with paint 10 miles deep. The Macho was dry and clean before even being touched and cant imagine it now.

I appreciate you helping our friend in such away and I hope you get some good replies on these great cars.

Prays are with him and his family.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Any Idea as to how much the other cars are being offered at ?

Old 03-24-2011, 11:15 PM

Will you be posting prices for the cars?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Fellas- I have emailed Neil requesting prices for these cars in order to conform with the forum rules. I have not heard back from him yet. The delay could possibly be due to his health condition. I will try to have someone closer to Neil see if they can get prices for these F-bodies. As soon as I know anything I will post additional info. If you are a serious player, please contact Neil directly. Thanks everyone for your patience, especially Bart.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 03-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey John, I called Neil yesterday on my way home and left a message. Hopefully he'll be calling me back here today but if things turned maybe not. Have you talked to his wife at all? I have that 74 duty sold if know one else has called on it?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

what about the blue macho...
might be interested in that one, but i have a feeling wayyyy out of my league

the Nikey one was one i was looking at a while ago. I was able to confirm the car through a contact of mine
i liked its uniqueness to it

Motion wasn't to far away from me where i lived. i remember stopping in there when i was a kid (yes... a VERY long time ago)
i was a vega-a-holic back then and loved what i saw in the store

Old 04-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Update: Brewster has talked to Neil's son (Aaron) and found out the ask prices for cars 7-10 are $125,000 each car. [Mod's thanks for your patience as we waited to hear word on pricing]

Unfortunately the cars are blocked in by snow plus with estate and tax issues pending any transactions will have to wait for now. Interested parties will be dealing with Aaron Cofell.

Your prayers for the Cofell family are appreciated.

Brewster will be chiming in with additional technical info on these F-bodies.

Thanks John

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 04-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JOHN View Post
Update: Brewster has talked to Neil's son (Aaron) and found out the ask prices for cars 7-10 are $125,000 each car.
thanks for the updates

just curious....
wasn't car #9 on ebay a short time ago?
i don't recall it be anywhere near 125k
and 125k for car #7????

Old 04-02-2011, 12:38 AM

Car #9 Was on Ebay (several times actually), but was never sold as it did not meet the reserve. The car has the nick name "Rat Bird" and was last for sale, that I saw, though "Nikey" of Chicago. Nikey still has the car listed on their site, but because it has been sold they took off the asking Price. As I recall, it was just under the 6 figure mark. For picks and a little about the car here is the link http://www.nickeychicago.net/vehicle...130&page_id=10

Background of Car 9
"The original owner sent this incredible vehicle to Mr. Joel Rosen at MOTION Performance, for a transformation into a Super Car a.k.a "RAT BIRD".

Key Parts form the MOTION list include:

Phase III 454 C.I. rated at 500 HP, built by MOTION

Chevrolet TH-400 Transmission, built by B & M

Chevrolet 12-Bolt Differential, built by MOTION

From what I remember on the Ebay ad this car is well documented and rare.
(On a side note - I also wonder about the asking price of car 7.)

My Prayers to Neil and his family in this difficult time.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Shift'n gears, is correct about the Rat Bird and thanks for posting the information. Don, ebay is where Neil found this car and its the last tuner cars purchased to complete his collection.
He went through all the tuner cars completely and thus the cost. The number seven however is just a stock car from what I recall and one of his first TA's. The skinny on that car will be forwarded after confirming with the boys.
The goal is to sell the show cars since they require the most maintenance.
Appreciate any interest in these cars and questions will be addressed however as noted sales will be pending upon many factors.
Please send prayers at this time of need and will post more when the timing is appropriate.
Thanks, Brian

Old 04-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ok
thanks for the clarification

Old 04-02-2011, 10:19 PM

Hope the situation takes a much needed turn for the better soon.

If these cars sell for anything close to $125K each, it would a huge boost for the 2nd gen hobby.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

These cars are by know means average and are some of the last working tuners in existence.
Try and find a Turbo Macho TA let alone a Rat Bird! Ok, there a few 74 SD's but how about that Bandit car?
Unfortunately these cars cant compare to original or standard Pontiac's and their market values.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:44 PM

Car 10 is a "Bandit" car. No not the Pontiac S/E version of the T/A. The "Bandit" is a real rare car. It was Modified by Trans Am Specialties of Cherry Hill NJ. Basically they took the stock motors out and replaced them with Pontiac crate 455 engines. The 455's were bored out to 462 ci, with 380 hp at 4,800 rpm and 430 lb-ft at 2,800 rpm. Standing 1/4 mile time was listed as 14.31 @ 97.40 mph. Top speed was around 145 mph due to a Doug Nash 5 Speed tranny.

There were supposed to be 200 built, but I think that there were less than 50 actually produced. I remember seeing the ad's for them when they came out, but never followed up as the price tag was $30K when you could buy a T/A off the lot for $8-$9K. According to Hitmans site, #24 (this car) this is the only one that remains. I don't know if tis can be documented as I know I saw one on Ebay abour 4 years ago, but maybe it was the same car?
Either way it is like having SD power in a late Second gen and as rare as a 73 SD with at tops a handful remaining.

Wouldn't mind that parked in my garage at all!

http://www.78ta.com/banditedition.php

Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM

I looked at one of those 1981 Bandit cars back in the 90's. Could have bought it for about $4500 and I knew the original owner was friend of a friend. Probably still in the area...and I'm lookin for it 8-). Awesome motor witha Doug Nash 5-speed. This car needed interior work.. but I walked away because I didn't know too much about them at the time.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:13 AM

Man, I would trade my soul for the Blue Macho T/A...

Old 04-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Please stand down and offer prayers for the Cofells at this time.

This thread will be updated when the time is appropriate for the family to handle liquidation of Neils estate.

Your suffering is over my dear friend, God Speed.
Brian