Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 03-24-2011, 10:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Traker82
Default Need a carb

Hey guys !

Just got back from the shop and I need to replace my carb, the accel pump is shot and I don't want to rebuild it again. I was looking to get a Holley for my aplication and was hoping you guys could suggest one along with other items I would need to install it (spread bore to square adapter, dual fuel line feed etc.).

My motor is a 400 bored over .060 with Melling SPC-7 cam (ram air-III clone) ported heads forged pistons etc. Which Holley should I get? Thank you so much!!!!

-Eric

Old 03-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Intake? Transmission? Rear gear? How do you intend to use it?

Old 03-24-2011, 01:45 PM

it has the stock Iron intake, TH350 trans and 3.08 gears in the rear, I plan on swapping out to 3.42's

Old 03-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

what kind of carb is it? if it's a Q-jet, does it have a plunger to handle the newer gas? I would get a new accelerator pump from Cliff and be done with it.

http://www.cliffshighperformance.com/acc-pump.html

Old 03-24-2011, 02:35 PM

It is a 1973 Q-jet, I just talked to cliff, he said there was a year back up and I spoke to him for a little bit, Really nice guy! I told him about the bogging and hesitation and he said it sounds like a shot Accel pump due to the ethanol in the gas. So I bought an SR kit off of him and we are going to see how that works!