THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Been having some issues lately,,,

With the local gang bangers!!! Couple of them got in my face a while back while I was painting over all the gang spray paint scribble on my wall in the alley. Got threatened, was shown a knife. Have been told before to get out of the neighborhood. Am the only non mexican left. Now carry loaded all the time, everywhere I go. Think its coming to a head. Took the wife tonight to the local pharmacy & 2 cars were in the only handicap spaces at the front door. Recognized some of the occupants. No handicap plate or sticker on either of their cars. Asked them to move, they refused with a bunch of 4 letter spanish words. Wife got out & went in,,,I found a space elsewhere & parked & went in. Made a phone call after I was inside. When we came back out about 1/2 houre later. Everyone was in hand cuffs, red & blue lights everywhere & a couple of tow trucks were there. Looks like both their cars were stolen. Am now on high alert!!!,,,house on lock down, everything fully loaded,dogs on 1/2 rations. Will just have to wait & see what happens!! Wish I could afford to move. Been in this house for 23 years.

POCI.org
Old 07-04-2012, 05:04 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Easy for me to say sitting here in Pennsylvania , GOOD JOB ! . These aholes need not to be backed down to .Our country needs more citizens like you .However this problem grows worse everyday . I used to have a job dealing with these people . After 20 years , it wears you down . You get older and new young faces are always showing up . Good luck to you , keep the law involved .

Old 07-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

But Jan Brewer has it all wrong. Just ask snowball...

1966 GTO Hardtop - PS 14.84 @ 97mph
Old 07-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow. Thanks for your support.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, good job. Too many people are willing to look the other way and that's what let it get to this point. They're banking on the intimidation factor.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:05 AM

My suggestion would be to move. Here's a write up I did about a real incident one of my friends went through with the bangers in Flint- sorry for the long post, but it's important. You have a family to protect, more important than your pride or your financial situation-

There are young people today with that same drive to succeed, here in the different city. I spoke to a young mother from Flint recently. Lisa (not her real name) is someone to whom all young mothers can relate: busy raising two children, happily married, buying a house, making a life. Her husband Jim (again, not his real name) is a committed family man, working his way up the company ladder, (not GM) doing his best for himself and his family. Both young adults are Flint born and raised, their parents having made their livelihoods in the now abandoned and demolished Flint GM auto plants.
Late on the evening of Christmas Day 2010, Lisa explains how her life changed: “Jim had work in the morning, so he was already sleeping, as were the kids. I was up late, watching a movie. I was startled by the sound of the front door knob turning back and forth. I at first thought it might have been one of the many neighborhood stray cats toying with the door from the front porch. I hate to admit it, but we will sometimes feed the strays, only to attract a larger number as time goes on.
“I walked over to make sure the door was locked. As I approached the door, something hit the door hard, from the other side. I grabbed the knob, only to realize that someone else was firmly gripping it on the opposite side! My first reaction was to scream out for Jim. I yelled so loud that my voice went immediately hoarse. For a second time, something or someone slammed against the door.
“I realized that whoever was pounding against the other side was much bigger than I was, so I started running toward the hallway and our bedroom, screaming for Jim with my now non-existent voice. That was when I heard a loud thud on the large living room window glass, next to the door. A second loud thud was followed by the sound of shattering glass. I met Jim in the hallway, standing in his boxers, trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes. As he approached the breaking window, a dark figure was entering through the opening in the glass.
“Jim, now fully awake, turned away from the window and started toward our bedroom also, and toward the loaded shotgun we kept under the edge of our bed. The intruder fired a shot at Jim, which removed a section of flesh from his left side.
“I had retrieved the gun, and we both retreated to the bedroom and locked ourselves in. Another intruder followed the first down our hallway and yelled for us to open the door or they would break it down. Their threat was real, and they broke it down after several attempts. As the first intruder entered, Jim fired one shot at his chest, which set him back a couple of steps. He also shot at us, but this second shot delivered its destruction above our heads and into the bedroom wall behind us.
“The second intruder stepped past the first and demanded we get on the floor or die. Jim surrendered his weapon and they put us on the floor behind our bed. While one intruder held his weapon against Jim’s forehead, I lay next to him and held the bed sheet against his injured side to slow the bleeding. The intruders proceeded to ransack our bedroom, taking my jewelry box and Jim’s shotgun. They rushed out to a waiting pickup truck, which was backed up against our front porch, as if ready to be loaded with our possessions. I called 911 and thanked God our two children had not come out of their bedrooms during the 60-90 seconds the intruders were in our house.
“I later learned that our neighbor had heard the first shot and was lying on her floor with the 911 operator on the phone during the robbery. Another neighbor said he saw three other men with long guns standing around our house as the other two entered. A woman was waiting in the idling truck to drive them away.
“Jim was in the hospital for several weeks. He lost seven inches of his small intestine, and three inches of his large intestine. He has a twelve-inch scar from the surgery, and several lead pellets still embedded in his abdomen. The doctors said they might work themselves out, or he may need additional surgeries.
“We abandoned that house. We were buying it, but I couldn’t go back there. Someone else went back to retrieve our possessions. There was blood all over, from Jim and the intruders. There was blood all over the front lawn. There were holes blasted in the walls from the shooting. We found a place to rent in the suburbs, and we can’t go back to the city. I won’t go back.”

Keith, in this a real-life example, and they were only after stuff to sell for drugs. In your case, they will be after you. You stayed longer than anyone else. Get out. The problem won't be solved by you staying, I'm sorry to say.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

this is an issue that i believe soon will go either way, either them or us. you will never stop them by calling 911 or relying on your "govt" or police to be there..they wont be. its to the point where its either turn the other cheek or kill them all..no in between! because if we dont kill them, they WILL kill us! i think they should use the marine corps and go into these cities door to door like in iraq and kill everyone of these animals on sight! no jail, no rehab, no probation!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Man, I feel for you. Good luck and take care of yourself and family. I had a similar situation not to long ago. not quite as drastic as yours but I was able to contact a detective with local sherriff and they took care of the situation.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

of course my above post is wishful thinking, because the criminals have already won most battles and damn near the war, so my advice is like the above posts, it might be a really good idea for your health to relocate..and soon! you can thank your "govt" for that, and the decay of society as a whole...america will never survive what she is going through---i akin it to an airplane in the air with two dead engines; coasting, its only a matter of time before the crash.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Suspended

And people actually believe the greatest threat to America lives in a book somewhere in the middle east. Wake up, sleepers. Take care of the first 25 more important problems first.

Keith, a man can't defeat a person with less to lose in life than you might have. Especially one with partners in crime. Your neighborhood won't get any better.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If the neighborhood is that bad then you need to move and soon. Don't let pride get you killed.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You shouldn't have to live in that much fear to have to carry a gun. If threats have been made and its that's bad then don't wait. There is a certain time to say when enough is enough and its that time. Good luck to you and hope you can figure it out.

1968 lemans :In progress!
1970 Bonneville 455 HO convertible (survivor)sold
1969 firebird
Old 07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't remember wher I heard this but it went "The most dangerous person in the world is someone with nothing to loose." You can't teach them a lesson it will be lost on them. They leave by a creed of respect earned by fear and intimidation.

I don't blame you for being being in lockdown mode. I would be scared *****less.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:15 PM

i would get out of there prob wont end good at all
its not good to have to live like that very sad
be safe and good luck

original ca car
Old 07-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the suggestions,,,,Moving is not an optiom. Been unimployed since nov of 2010. Upside down on the house. Credit is bad due to the economy. This whole town is in the krapper. Just wish the laws were enforced!

POCI.org
Old 07-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Keith,

The only thing I can tell you is BE CAREFUL. Dunderheads like that count on being able to intimidate. They also have NO qualms in doing "drive-bys". IF it comes down to a confrontation, make sure it on your property, not the city's. The politicians WILL NOT enforce the laws for fear of alienating the Hispanic voters. It will be up to YOU to protect your family and property.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 07-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanickeith View Post
Thanks for the suggestions,,,,Moving is not an optiom. Been unimployed since nov of 2010. Upside down on the house. Credit is bad due to the economy. This whole town is in the krapper. Just wish the laws were enforced!
Is getting killed an option?????

Old 07-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Suspended

Always.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebo View Post
this is an issue that i believe soon will go either way, either them or us. you will never stop them by calling 911 or relying on your "govt" or police to be there..they wont be. its to the point where its either turn the other cheek or kill them all..no in between! because if we dont kill them, they WILL kill us! i think they should use the marine corps and go into these cities door to door like in iraq and kill everyone of these animals on sight! no jail, no rehab, no probation!
Please tell us what you really think! LOL.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

if your credit is bad, you are upside down in the house...whats to loose by walking away and starting a new life where you feel safe...i know how hard it is to walk away, i did it in 82, and i felt guilt for walking away from my responsibility

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."