Old 09-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Late 1973 headliner help

Later '73 headliners are unique. PY does sell the hard shell ( made by PUI) to fix broken ones. #RFi 160 >> 99 bucks. The material for these is listed as for 74-81 in their catalog. This is incorrect. whats listed in Catalog is NOT cut for the board, so it doesnt have the corners missing for the 74 and up shoulder harness retractor. So you can order those colors and fix yours or build one, for your 73 Bird! >>>>> BUT there is better NEWS!
After a conversation with Tod at PUI, I found they actually make the whole thing, glued and ready to install in the colors listed in the PY catalog, for late '73 Firebirds! ( foam backed perf material)
You will have to call PUI and talk to Tod when your ready to order, get HIS part number which is specific to YOUR color, call PY, and order the part!

Old 06-01-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Later '73 headliners are unique. PY does sell the hard shell ( made by PUI) to fix broken ones. #RFi 160 >> 99 bucks. The material for these is listed as for 74-81 in their catalog. This is incorrect. whats listed in Catalog is NOT cut for the board, so it doesnt have the corners missing for the 74 and up shoulder harness retractor. So you can order those colors and fix yours or build one, for your 73 Bird! >>>>> BUT there is better NEWS!
After a conversation with Tod at PUI, I found they actually make the whole thing, glued and ready to install in the colors listed in the PY catalog, for late '73 Firebirds! ( foam backed perf material)
You will have to call PUI and talk to Tod when your ready to order, get HIS part number which is specific to YOUR color, call PY, and order the part!
Is there a number to call him at? I'm up in Canada and not sure where to order from. How hard is the material to install? Does it just glue on the old cardboard or is there no card board on the 73's? The only other one i had out was a 79 and it was simple..

Old 06-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Press board on late > (March onwards?) '73's with no cut outs for shoulder strap retractors. The material is a padded perf as original. Similar to 79 but 79 uses a more cardboard type material and felt. If you buy the whole assembly its done, has dome light hole, and may need a lil mod in the rear corners.
What I did was call Tod,
Parts Unlimited, Inc.
2801 Interior Way
La Grange, KY 40031
800-342-0610
Then Tod gave me the PN to order from PY
My PN is 73FHC38 for the Burgundy Deluxe interior.
YOu may want to, after getting YOUR specific part number for YOUR color, call a PUI dealer in Canada since these are pretty big even slightly rolled , when shipped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dealers Canada.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	324967  

Old 04-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have installed 2 of these, they do NOT sit TIGHT to the roof on the sides, ( 4 inches from edge up toward middle) and did Not when new. They are not perfect but they do go in with some fitment