Old 11-07-2012, 07:17 PM

Default Many years ago on an interstate in Ohio....

The GP I have had for the 5 years or so was given to me by my college roommate. My roommate in 1984 if that helps.

Back in the day, he drove it a few times a week. We decided to take in on a trip up I-71 from Cincinnati to Columbus. He was tooling along about 70 in a 55. Ohio State Troopers have never been a tolerant bunch. Anyway, a southbound trooper either clocked us (I'm guessing he didn't because he never turned his lights on) or could just tell by the way we were blowing by cars in the right lane, pulled a U-turn in the median and headed after us. Myself and another roommate told him about it and he decided to nail it.

I am practically begging him to give it up but no.... Then I see the sign; It's 6 miles to the next exit. I'm telling him we're never gonna get away, just give it up. We are watching out the back window, the trooper is a little white dot getting bigger.

We are doomed and he won't slow down.

We blew past a small convoy of about 6 semi's, and two of them pulled out and stayed in the left lane for the longest time, since the Trooper's lights weren't on I guess.

After we passed that exit 6 miles up he slowed to 60 and we never saw the trooper again.

It's my only experience with getting away from "the boys" and 2 of the 3 of us would've been too chickensh*t to try it. But not the driver....

Ahhhh.... Good Times.

2002 GMC Sierra Denali

(4 wheel steering is highly underrated)

The views and opinions expressed by me in no way reflect the views and policies of General Motors.