Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 PM

Default 1977 Ventura parts

I am looking for parts for my 1977 Ventura. I really need wheel opening mouldings but I have to a have an SJ hood emblem. I am getting other exterior parts together for the time I get the car painted. Things like nos bumpers and bumper guards and other nos exterior emblems. Thanks-Mika

Old 12-11-2012, 03:06 PM

The wheel well moldings are hard to come by, so besides trolling craigslist for parts cars in your area (and make sure you include the Nova, Skylark and Omega in your search), you could do some "local exploration". See attached pic of a local x-body I uncovered recently; I stumble across these all the time, and I'm not even seriously looking in the hundreds, if not thousands of older alleyways all around the Seattle/Tacoma area.

SJ emblems/hood ornaments will most likely be an ebay item, not common at all. Bumpers on the 75-79 cars are all the same, except the Nova front bumper is kind of flat-faced and ugly; I thought the rears were a repro item but haven't found them in a quick search of the usual sources.

Just food for thought.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6481.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	305855  

Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was just looking on craigslist for Cincinnati searching "ventura" and a basically complete 77 ventura showed up in Irvine Ky for parts. Might be worth checking into.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:09 PM

I think I've got a grille for one.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 01-14-2013, 03:33 PM

Default Another example...

Here's another example of a potential X-body donor you can find if you just drive around town... this is a (apparently) motorless Nova that I pass every day on the way to work. Bumper looks OK, rocker molding is there, and it's even wearing Pontiac snowflakes! Front bumper looks suspiciously non-Nova as well, but I haven't looked too close.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	novaIMG_0281.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	309741