Old 05-10-2013, 12:07 PM

Default Insurance

I have Grundy insurance on my T/A, they are kind of vague about private driving outside of shows etc. Does anyone know of or have insurance that is more flexible on this issue. Now days car shows and cruises are slowing up here and I do enjoy driving it. Thanks

Old 05-10-2013, 03:07 PM

I have Hagerty. They ask how many miles per year I plan on driving it, value I want it insured for and base premium on that. Can't be a daily driver though. Very happy with them.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM

I got American collectors Insurance, had it for last 8-10 years. Agreed value, limit of 1500-2500 miles per year, not to be used as daily driver also. allowed to drive car for enjoyment purposes.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael j View Post
I have Grundy insurance on my T/A, they are kind of vague about private driving outside of shows etc. Does anyone know of or have insurance that is more flexible on this issue. Now days car shows and cruises are slowing up here and I do enjoy driving it. Thanks
I'm not saying that my choice has given me more flexibility, but living in Florida, I drive and attend cruises pretty much year round. So here's my insurance story. Hope it helps.
I just switched one of my collector cars insurance (66 BB Vette) from Hagerty to National Corvette Museum Insurance. Nothing wrong with Hagerty! I just got what I think is a better price for the way I drive my car. I drove approximately 500 miles last year so I selected the 1000 mile per year mileage tier. Got a car club discount (NCRS) and a disabling device discount. Long story short, agreed value $70K, PL/PD $250/500K etc. road assistance, trip interruption, $2k spare parts, bla, bla, bla. Cost $353.54/YR. about $200/yr less, with $10K additional agreed value. By the way, They insure all collectibles cars not just Vettes. Prices may be different state to state. Sadly none of my Pontiacs are currently road worthy. www.ncminsurance.com

Old 05-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Senior Chief

Thank you "SD Formula" for the info for this!,..I will check them out as I feel too that my coverage for several cars are lacking benefits for the price I pay.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:57 AM

I have all my insurance through State Farm, and they gave me a pretty reasonable rate with the limit of 2K miles a year..

Old 05-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgunsblazing View Post
I have all my insurance through State Farm, and they gave me a pretty reasonable rate with the limit of 2K miles a year..
None of my business, and I am not an expert on car insurance, either the regular daily driver type or the agreed value collectors type of insurance. However, we should all read & understand the fine print in our policies. For example, in the event of total loss will we receive the agreed value, lets say $50K, no questions asked, or will we receive up to the agreed value, with a required current market value appraisal. If it is the latter, we are pretty much screwed! Regular insurance companies frequently do not provide the agreed value that we think we are getting. In addition, their agents often don't know the difference either. They may use terms like stated value, appraised value, agreed value etc. all of which may have different meanings that we think. Back in the eighties I had a Corvette stolen and took quite a loss. Read the Forms, NCRS, PY and others regarding State Farm and other main stream insurance companies. You might be surprised at some of the pay outs on total loss insurance claims! Just my two cents.