Old 06-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default What is this?

I'm trying to finish up the dash wiring on my 65 GTO and cannot figure out what this yellow wire goes to, or what the connector (which was attached to the yellow wire) goes to.

The yellow wire is hot when I turn the key (RUN position).

I've looked over the wiring diagram several times and I'm either missing it or can't figure out what these go to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	327481   Click image for larger version

Name:	connector.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	327482  

Old 06-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

radio?

65 Catalina Safari 4DSW
Old 06-24-2013, 12:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks - knew it had to be something ridiculously simple. Just went and checked and the connector looks to be for the radio - makes sense since I'm not running an original radio. I thought I tapped into the original radio power circuit with my aftermarket radio, though.

However, I am still curious as to why I am not seeing a radio connector on the wiring diagram or a radio label for the yellow wire. I do see 'radio power' but it looks to be a brown wire (which is what I think I tapped into - I'd have to go check). I'll have to do some testing - guessing brown may be switched and yellow is constant (or vice-versa).