Old 01-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Crystal Turquoise Vert

Stopped by Hobi’s today to investigate a Hurst wheel in need of TLC and couldn’t help taking a few pics of his 69 to share. Photos don't do it justice. Between the color combination, Judge stripes, Hurst wheels, and other interesting parts from his collection—like the tach in the photo--it will be one eye catching car. It will be nice to see it finished and on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hobi CT 69 RH Door.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	349119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hobi CT 69 LH Q.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	349120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hobi CT 69 Dash.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	349121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hobi CT 69 RH Q.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	349122   Click image for larger version

Name:	exp proto tach.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	349123  

Old 01-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Joe! You've been holding back!!!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i thought somewhere i read they made 1 or two,,,this is like the 3rd or 4th ive seen..unless its the same one changing hands, decade after decade...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 01-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Angry CHANGE HANDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
i thought somewhere i read they made 1 or two,,,this is like the 3rd or 4th ive seen..unless its the same one changing hands, decade after decade...
NOT THE SAME CAR AS YOUR THINKING IVE HAD THIS CAR SINCE FEBRUARY 14 1978

Old 01-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

no no..the tach...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 01-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

nice car hobi.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Suspended

Default TURQUOISE PEARL WHITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ram4 View Post
nice car hobi.
THANX PAUL HAVE YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER CAR LATELY

Old 01-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looking good, hobi. Did you add the PW or was it factory? It's really nice in a vert to sit in the drivers seat, drop the top and then all the windows all at the push of a button.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

so is it a real judge??? beautiful , beautiful color.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by paint guy View Post
Looking good, hobi. Did you add the PW or was it factory? It's really nice in a vert to sit in the drivers seat, drop the top and then all the windows all at the push of a button.
THANX NO THE CAR WAS PRETTY MUCH LOW OPTIONS CAMEO WHITE BLUE INTERIOR WHITE TOP ALSO BLUE CONVERTIBLE TOP FRAME FROM FACTORY AUTOMATIC DISC BRAKES REMOTE MIRROR OVER THE YEARS I ADDED EVERY OPTION I COULD FIND AND IT WAS BLACK FOR A YEAR THEN RED FOR 25 YEARS NOW CRYSTAL TURQUOISE I HOPE I CAN GET IT BACK ON THE ROAD THIS YEAR I LAST DROVE IT SEPTEMBER 21ST 1993
ALSO 4 SPEED NOW SURE NOT A CAR FOR THE PURIST BUT IT WAS MY FIRST CAR I STILL HAVE IT BEEN OFF THE FRAME TWICE IVE SHOWED IT ALOT OF LOVE CANT COUNT THE AMOUNT OF MONEY IVE SPENT ON IT AND YOU CANT BUY THE GOOD TIMES PEOPLE IVE MET AND THE MEMORIES THAT I HAVE FROM THIS CAR IT TRULY IS FAMILY TO ME.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:38 PM
Suspended

Default REAL JUDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
so is it a real judge??? beautiful , beautiful color.
NO ITS UNREAL JUST THE WAY I LIKE EM I HAVE THREE MORE 1969 CONVERTIBLES A KILLER TRIPLE BLACK A MAYFAIR MAIZE AND A GREEN ONE I DON,T THINK ILL LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO EVER GET A REAL ONE HELL IVE NEVER HAD A GTO WITH THE ORIGINAL MOTOR EXCEPT A 1969 EXPRESSO BROWN CONVERTIBLE MUSTARD INTERIOR THAT I BOUGHT FOR PARTS IT WAS SO ORIGINAL IT WAS SCARY BUT IT WAS A 2 BARRELL CAR FIGURE THAT ONE OUT NO WONDER HOBI HAS BEEN MEDICATED FOR THE MOST PART OF HIS LIFE

Old 01-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very nice looking car hobi. Like the color choice..

Old 01-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Suspended

Default KOLAR CHOICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Very nice looking car hobi. Like the color choice..
YEAH THANX HOW ABOUT THE PEARL WHITE DASH AND CONVERTIBLE TOP FRAME I JUST HAD TO DO IT I WANTED SOMETHING DIFFERENT NOT FOR EVERYONE BUT I LIKE IT I DID ALL THE PARTS THAT ARE BLACK IN A WHITE INTERIOR WHITE YOU SURE WILL NOT MISS THE CONTRAST

Old 01-13-2014, 12:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I like it all hobi with the exception of the white dash. I can't take the glare....but if you can, mo' power 2 ya'!

Old 01-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Senior Chief

Great choice for your first car… nice to see you still have it too. Hope you get it back on the road this summer as planned Hobi.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:24 AM
Suspended

Default PEPPER JUDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper Judge View Post
Great choice for your first car… nice to see you still have it too. Hope you get it back on the road this summer as planned Hobi.
MY TURQUOISE CAR SOLD NEW AT YORK MILLS PONTIAC ON YOUNG STREET IN TORONTO PEPPER IVE TAKEN IT FROM TORONTO TO NEW YORK THEN LIVED IN MICHIGAN THEN ARIZONA BEEN HERE 23 YEARS WHO KNOWS WHERE NEXT STILL GOT MY ONTARIO GTO JOE LICENSE PLATE TO

Old 01-13-2014, 12:54 AM
Senior Chief

Default York Mills

Very cool / 6 digit Ontario licence plates were the only ones available back in the day. I believe 8 or 9 digit plates are available now.

York Mils Pontiac has been gone for a couple of decades now as I recall. Here is an old picture of the dealership back in the late 60’s. Looks like a Buick Wildcat for sale on the lot but it is hard to see it clearly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	York Mills Pontiac.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	349174  

Old 01-13-2014, 12:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So, Hobi or Marxjunk: Please tell those of us who are uninformed (me) the story on that tach. I have never seen one before. Thanks.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:15 AM
Suspended

Default SHIFT LITE TACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by paint guy View Post
So, Hobi or Marxjunk: Please tell those of us who are uninformed (me) the story on that tach. I have never seen one before. Thanks.
FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND IT WAS A DELCO EXPERIMENTAL THING NEVER REALLY TOOK OFF BUT FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND OUT A HANDFUL WERE MADE I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW MANY IVE HEARD 2 TO 5 I REALLY JUST DONT KNOW I DO KNOW THE PURELY PMD CAR FROM NEW MEXICO HAD ONE BACK IN THE DAY AND THE STORY I HEARD WAS THE TACH WAS FOR SALE 1982 AT CARLISLE FLEA MARKET RON JOHNSTON OF POTOMAC CLASSIC PONTIAC PARTS HAD IT IN HIS HAND WAS REALLY INTERESTED BUT JUST COULD NOT JUSTIFY SPENDING $1,500.00 ON A TACH IN 1982 SO I GUESS AS SOON AS HE PUT IT DOWN THE GUYS FROM PURELY PMD PICKED IT UP AND PAID THE GUY FOR IT. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE IN PERSON THIS TACH IN THE PICTURE IS A PROJECT THAT WAS STARTED BY A VERY TALENTED FRIEND OF MINE RANDY ARCHER RANDYS SPECIALTIES HES THE GUY WHO OWNS THE MATADOR RED RAM IV NON JUDGE GTO CONVERTIBLE 4 SPD 433 AXLE HIDEAWAYS RECLINER POWER BUCKET CAR AND ALSO RESTORED THE 1970 BURGANDY JUDGE CONVERTIBLE THAT IS NOW BLACK AND SOLD AT BARRETT TWO OR THREE YEARS AGO HE HAS HAD OVER 35 JUDGES IN ARIZONA SINCE THE SEVENTIES A VERY VERY TALENTED RESTORER ANYWAY ITS A PROJECT HES JUST COMPLETING AND 001 IS THE ONE IN THE PICTURE THAT IS NOW CRYSTAL TURQUOISE GOING ON MY CAR

Old 01-13-2014, 01:21 AM
Suspended

Default THANK YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper Judge View Post
Very cool / 6 digit Ontario licence plates were the only ones available back in the day. I believe 8 or 9 digit plates are available now.

York Mils Pontiac has been gone for a couple of decades now as I recall. Here is an old picture of the dealership back in the late 60’s. Looks like a Buick Wildcat for sale on the lot but it is hard to see it clearly.
THATS WAY BACK IN THE DAY PROBABLY BEFORE THE SUBWAY WENT THAT FAR THANX AGAIN FOR POSTING I ALSO HAVE GTO JOE MICHIGAN PLATE AND GTO JOE ARIZONA PLATE MORE TO COME