Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default dougs headers

I had a problem with my dougs headers ceramic coating rusting and flaking off. Been on my car a little over a year After calling them now pertronix they were real nice to talk too and helpful got it taken care of right away Im sending them back for recoating n/c

Old 01-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's good to know.
I bought a set of headers years back from Jet Hot Coating. I had to "adjust" them during the install to get them to fit right,after I was told they would not need this,I also overheated them during a cam break in and the finish on them got ruined. I talked to a guy at the company and they agreed to refinish them for free.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Suspended

I had a problem with headers on my 73 GTO, I couldn't find any that would fit. I have the E-heads & because they are just a bit wider(the heads) all 4 sets that I tried to install would hit the frame or the upper A-arm, or somewhere else. Dougs were one of the 2 companies that told me to bang on them to see if they could be made to fit. After I did a bit of clearancing on them they still would not fit. Dougs did take them back with no problems. They were also the only company that told me if I could get the car to them they would use my car a a test car & make a set of headers for me that would fit for no charge , just to be able to use my car as there test subject. I live way to far away to be able to take advantage of that but I did think that was a great way to do business. Free header for a couple of days to use my car as a template for there headers. I have always liked Dougs, even when they were on my car back 30 years ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to rexs73gto For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good to hear.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Closed Thread