THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Tony Stewart

Grand jury declined to charge Tony Stewart

Old 09-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I think I said that from the very beginning.

Ward was found to be under the influence of marijuana at concentrations high enough to impair judgement.

Where's all those conspiracy theorists now.......LMAO

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 09-24-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Well, they must be smarter in NY than what I have heard.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 09-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post

Careful, you'll hurt your shoulder.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

if the racing suit fits, you must acquit

Old 09-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post

Well, they must be smarter in NY than what I have heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidponcho View Post
if the racing suit fits, you must acquit

Old 09-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post

Ward was found to be under the influence of marijuana at concentrations high enough to impair judgement.

In the clubhouse denying the crap he said.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not surprised of the out come.

BTY, see the new NASCAR testing rules yet?

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 09-24-2014, 06:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
Careful, you'll hurt your shoulder.
Now THAT'S FUNNY, I don't care who you are!

Old 09-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, no track testing anywhere, except for Goodyear and NASCAR tests.
I guess they're trying to level the playing field for the haves, and the havenots. It takes a ton of money and resources to do a whole season of track testing, especially when you have 4 teams.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 09-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidponcho View Post
Grand jury declined to charge Tony Stewart
As I posted before, the DA - Michael Tantillo - wasn't willing to just drop the case for lack of any evidence of wrongdoing by Stewart. He wasted the grand jury's time because he was afraid to upset the electorate.

From ESPN:

Quote:
A grand jury has decided Tony Stewart will not face charges for his role in the on-track death of sprint car driver Kevin Ward Jr. Prosecutors in upstate New York made the announcement Wednesday, just hours after the grand jury finished hearing testimony in the case.

Ontario County District Attorney Michael Tantillo also said Ward was under the influence of marijuana at the time of his death, according to toxicology reports. Tantillo looked at the evidence and could have brought charges or dropped the case himself, but said last week that the matter would be decided by the grand jury. Stewart could have been charged with second-degree manslaughter under New York law, experts said, if prosecutors believed he "recklessly caused the death of another person."
Based on the fact that Ward was documented to be under the influence at the time of the accident only further supports my position that there was no need to take this to the grand jury.

I have zero tolerance for anyone that would get in a race car while under the influence of any amount of drug or alcohol.

Tantillo's statement:

Quote:
"This week an Ontario County grand jury has been meeting to hear testimony and review evidence gathered in the Tony Stewart matter, relating to the death of Kevin Ward at the Canandaigua Motor Speedway on August 9, 2014.

The grand jury has completed its investigation. During the course of the grand jury presentation, approximately two dozen witnesses testified. These included a number of race car drivers, racetrack employees and volunteers, two accident reconstruction experts, medical personnel, and a number of police officers. In addition, the grand jury reviewed a number of photographs and video recordings, as well as other documentary evidence.

After listening to and questioning all of the witnesses, and reviewing all of the evidence, the grand jury has determined that there is no basis to charge Tony Stewart with any crimes; his case was "No-Billed" by the grand jury."
Tony's statement:

Quote:
"This has been the toughest and most emotional experience of my life, and it will stay with me forever.

I'm very grateful for all the support I've received and continue to receive. I respect everything the District Attorney and Sheriff's Office did to thoroughly investigate this tragic accident. While the process was long and emotionally difficult, it allowed for all the facts of the accident to be identified and known.

While much of the attention has been on me, it's important to remember a young man lost his life. Kevin Ward Jr.'s family and friends will always be in my thoughts and prayers."
Very classy of Stewart.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
Now THAT'S FUNNY, I don't care who you are!

Don't you just hate it when I'm right?

I just called it as I saw it, and paid little attention to the media hype.

It's really simple, just a little common sense, thrown in with 55 years of being around dirt tracks is all it takes. Those lacking, are prone to miss the obvious, which I also predicted they would.

The media in this case wouldn't have been all over this racing death if Joe Blowe had been driving the 14 car. Because it was Tony Stewart they made a huge issue of it and right away there was a hinted at conspiracy, which a good many people gobbled right up as truth because it came from the media. Just because it's on the internet, the news paper or TV doesn't make it so. People are led by others that have no expertise about a subject and make uneducated comments and guesses about said subject.

I hate it that a young man lost his life, but being that impaired he had no right being on a race track in a 650 HP 1375# race car. Let alone walking into traffic to confront someone that had nothing to do with his ending up pointed the wrong way stalled.

The sad thing is there are more drivers than most people would think, that are driving drunk or stoned on small tracks around the country. I speak from experience having shared the track with some of them.

The thing that takes the cake is Ward's father was disappointed that the Grand Jury didn't take any action against Tony, when his son was pretty much to blame for the accident, as well as being quite impaired.

I questioned WTH he was doing when he continued to walk into traffic on the race track after narrowly being missed by the 45 car. Who in their right mind does something this careless. The answer is, someone who is stoned and driving a race car obviously impaired and clearly wasn't in their right mind.

PROOF POSITIVE THAT TONY STEWART COULDN'T HAVE AVOIDED KEVIN WARD.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 09-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Champ's turn.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Now the Ward family is probably going after a civil suit. I understand they are grieving and suffered a terrible loss, but they just can't seem to grasp the fact that he would most likely be alive today IF HE STAYED IN HIS CAR!!!

Add to that his being under the influence of marijuana, and they're lucky to not be sued for his endangering the other drivers and spectators. Of course, they'll probably get money just to make them go away. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's the times we live in.

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 09-24-2014, 09:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Miller;
***I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker...***
___

Old 09-24-2014, 09:14 PM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
Champ's turn.
"Wax On - Wax Off!" ehh "Chippies?"

Old 09-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Suspended

¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Old 09-25-2014, 05:00 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacdaver View Post
Now the Ward family is probably going after a civil suit. I understand they are grieving and suffered a terrible loss, but they just can't seem to grasp the fact that he would most likely be alive today IF HE STAYED IN HIS CAR!!!

Add to that his being under the influence of marijuana, and they're lucky to not be sued for his endangering the other drivers and spectators. Of course, they'll probably get money just to make them go away. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's the times we live in.
Agree. Now the family goes after the money grab. Who didn't see that coming?

Old 09-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacdaver View Post

I agree that the family will file a wrongful death suit. And they had better settle for whatever is offered to make them go away.

If this goes to trial - it is my belief that they will lose. Too much evidence that Tony was more of a victim than their son was. No, Tony didn't suffer any physical injuries - but he is emotionally scarred by the actions of their son.

Tony has very strong grounds for a countersuit against the estate of their son - but will never pursue it.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

More info:

Quote:
Ward’s mother, Pam, issued a statement to the Rochester (N.Y.) Democrat and Chronicle which read as follows:

"Our son got out of his car during caution while the race was suspended. All the other vehicles were reducing speed and not accelerating except for Tony Stewart, who intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car toward him, causing the tragedy. The focus should be on the actions of Mr. Stewart and not my son. This matter is not at rest and we will pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin."
I appreciate that she lost her son. But the preponderance of the evidence is counter to what she believes.

Quote:
Tantillo noted that a key element for the grand jury proved to be how Ward reacted. Tantillo said the "fact that Kevin Ward was observed running basically down two-thirds of the track ... in the middle of other cars that were still racing played a big, big factor in their decision."

Tantillo said a key piece of evidence also proved to be video the grand jury saw. One has been public since the incident. A second video - not seen publicly - came from the track. Both videos, Tantillo said, were "relatively similar" in what they showed.

"The videos did not demonstrate any aberrational driving by Tony Stewart until the point of impact with Kevin Ward," Tantillo said.