Old 12-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Project Cherokee soldier (70 Pro-touring Firebird TA)

We gang can't find the thread regarding a 70 Pro-touring build we've been doing.. Three shells later we've found one I was happy with finally... The car is super clean and lines up real nice so far from test fits on panels...

Of course we're running the Carbon parts, RideTech coil overs Strong arms up front and Global West Springs out back... The driveline is a basic LS1 and a TKO 600 trans. We have opted for F-body warehouse frame connectors as well as their g-braces up front with their solid mount kit... A new set of 15" rally II's will wear BFG 255's up front and 275's on 10" rims out back...

The car has been striped to bare metal and we're well underway at this point now so less talking and more pic's as they say LOL...

We've quickly test fit most the panels and now have the car blown apart again for prep and paint

The paint color is going to be off the charts... My client and i want back and forth on couple of different thoughts and while we love "Adrien" we wanted to move in similar yet different direction.. The color is a custom mix that I must say is likely on of my favorite colors that we have custom mixed ever.... Exposed to shade the color takes on more of a blue huge while in the sunlight it electrifies... It totally pops and shifts hue in a huge way as can be seen from the two pic's below.. Picture this exterior stand off against a traditional white stripe scheme etc and bright white tuxedo interior with custom seats... I can't wait to see the paint applied to car frankly and hope you guys like it as much as well do...

Old 12-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

First, nice work! And that is one snappy color, wow....... Question, is that hood repro? ask because of finish "look"..... if it is, are you happy with? At any rate, this will be a fun thread

Old 12-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great looking color, should look great

Old 12-26-2014, 12:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

LOL bird72 the spots you're seeing on the hood are from taking it out of the back of my pickup (in the snow & cold) and immediately into a warm shop placing it on the car.. The hood hasn't even been laminated with the under structure yet in the photo and has moisture spots from the transition of temps so I can easily understand you questioning the hoods finish LOL... However to answer your question,, Hell yes it's an awesome Carbon Fiber hood and roughly should weigh in at a sparkling 25-27 lbs finished in street weight...

Thanks for the comments on the color guys, as stated I'm stoked about seeing it painted....

Old 12-26-2014, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wasn't the original thread part of the one titled in relation to the carbon fiber parts development? Any estimates on overall weight when finished?

Old 12-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This one?http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=696261

Old 12-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Go to your profile and search for posts started by you (if you did start it) and should be in there.

Try this link it's from your profile:

Posts started by Tazz

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tried both,,, no luck thanks anyways guys...

Old 12-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird2 View Post
Wasn't the original thread part of the one titled in relation to the carbon fiber parts development? Any estimates on overall weight when finished?
X this one isn't going to set any big weight records as some components weigh a lot more than most on a purpose built car.... If I had to guess. it's be somewhere in the 3,300 to 3,400Lbs range.. What should be noticeably affected is the front to back balance and in that regard I'd guess somewhere around 52% front to 48% back which makes for a really fun driving car on track days.... Overall the car with it's suspension mods & 60 series sidewall tires should be a Hell of a good spirited daily drivers car. We have a limited budget to build it out and we're attempting to really make something really nice while making it pretty darn achievable for most as a moderate Pro-touring build...

Old 12-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't know which thread you're looking for, but this one is a companion to the earlier link. Hood close-up pics missing.

http://www.forums.maxperformanceinc....d.php?t=682415

Old 12-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Na I thought I had started a thread that referred to the client following in the "Adrien" theme... We have kind of flown all over the map on this in the initial build thoughts and settled in on this now... I believe it should end up looking pretty darn nice and the color is super exciting to me... The cars true inspiration came from "Cam" down under that did a really nice job of his Lucy car and I just tweaked the color to shift between Lucy & Turquoise as a subtle twist on an old school look... We played with colors for 4 months trying a host of different hues and tones all in the various shades of Blues....

Old 12-26-2014, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This one...
http://www.forums.maxperformanceinc....d.php?t=737357

Old 12-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That was the one Held thanks....
Well this is started and I guess we'll just move forward from here if a moderator wants to take the other one down in Held for Ransom's post above....

Old 12-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BTW from that last thread,, we did the 275 X 60 X 15's on the 10" with 5 x 5 backspacing... The net result was we rolled the wheel lip a little and clearanced the outer section of the wheel well and have room... The fact is we have so much room in the backside of that combo that I'm considering shortening the rear end about 1/2 to 3/4 inch each side and running 295's on the rims out back....

Old 12-27-2014, 08:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Love the color! Good luck with the build and keep the pics coming.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like its going to be a sick car when completed! I really like the CF parts.

I love blue paint, its one of the most "fun" colors to work with. You can tweak them around and play with how they'll look in certain lights.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 12-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks 72 it's what we do LOL.... I agree the blues can be very interesting and easily played with.. Our cars, in my opinion, look really good when one focuses in on the effect metalflake has on the color in question... The curves of the car are very subtle and sexy so it's nice to play with color and make them pop/highlight where possible....

Old 01-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Little update,,, Firewall prep is complete and ready for paint and the car is sanded awaiting last layer of epoxy high build and block sanding.. We're getting to that point where the excitement really grabs you to put the paint to the build... She's looking real straight in real life (sometimes the photos pick up subtle differences in huges that look like a wave,, but trust me there is not)...

Last edited by Tazzz2; 01-02-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would think an MR-1A with High Ports would power that thing pretty good, or are the import tariffs to high in Canada?

Old 01-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Thumbs up paint

please make enough for my car too