Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 02-15-2015, 11:48 AM

Default CT Area Car Shows

Hello CT/southern New England area members,
I'm putting together my usual list of car shows that I try to get to each year and thought it was worthwhile to share some of them here for people who aren't familiar with them. Hopefully other area people will add to this list and we can get a great resource of area car events.

Klingberg Family Centers annual Auto Show, Saturday, June 20th from 9-3:30 in New Britain: Click Here
I've been to this show before and it is great. They have a regular car show and a concours show going on at the same time. The grand marshals are Bob and Wayne Carini from Chasing Classic Cars. If you watch the show, this was featured on it a few times (the episode with the tractor restored by local students)They get a great variety of cars from muscle machines to brass era. The cut off year is 1972.

Time Machines Car Show, Sunday July 27th in Guilford, CT: Click Here
This is another great show. Hundreds of cars from Stanley Steamers to 80's luxo-boats. The cut off year for judging is 1989, but newer cars can come for display. I've seem some really cool stuff here including a gorgeous 1961 Chrysler 300 that I couldn't stop drooling over. There are a decent number of muscle cars here, but it leans Ford as it is put on by the T-bird club.

Beltown Auto Show, Sunday August 2nd in East Hampton, CT (on the town line with East Haddam) Click Here
This is another show with an early 70's cut off year. One of the older shows in the area and attracts a lot of big cars.

Cruisin on Main, Sunday August 2nd in Manchester, CT Click Here
Another great show the same day as Beltown. The only downside is it is always so darn hot to walk down the pavement. A mile (literally) of classic cars parked 4-5 deep. Everything from Packards to GTOs. A lot of muscle cars attend this show as the Beltown show is the same day, but favors full size cars.

Litchfield Hills Auto Show, Mid August, Goshen, CT (No Website). Another big show for people in the Litchfield Hills area. I had a great time when I went in 2013. A bit hard to plan for this show as they announce the date late and don't have a website, but a huge turnout based on its reputation.

FYI Here are a couple of great car show websites that serve the area:

Shoreline Antique Auto Connection: Click Here

CT Seaport Car Club: Click Here

Cruisin Bruce (Rhode Island): Click Here

1964 Pontiac Catalina Ventura Sports Coupe

Connecticut Pontiac Association

Old 02-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the heads up.
Phil from Shelton.

ps - are you going to post these on Special Interest bargain news? Thats a good place to advertise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Treat Me Good, I'll Treat You Better; Treat Me Bad, I'll Treat You Worse"
Sonny Barger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by 6567GTO; 02-18-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6567GTO View Post
Thanks for the heads up.
Phil from Shelton.

ps - are you going to post these on Special Interest bargain news? Thats a good place to advertise.
Hi Phil,
I haven't posted them anywhere else. I will have to check out the Bargain News listings, I've only looked a cars for sale in the Bargain News, never events.

Are you going to the May 17th dust off at Boothe Memorial Park in Stratford? I've never been to it, but have heard it is pretty good.
-Frank

Old 02-27-2015, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes Frank, I went last year and had great time. It's a real nice place to have a show. Definitely worth attending. Not sure what car I'll bring. Hope to see you there.

ps - here's a link to Special Interest Bargain News shows...
http://www.specialinterest.com/siv_events.cfm

and CT Cruise News...
http://www.ctcruisenews.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64CatalinaVentura View Post
Hi Phil,
I haven't posted them anywhere else. I will have to check out the Bargain News listings, I've only looked a cars for sale in the Bargain News, never events.

Are you going to the May 17th dust off at Boothe Memorial Park in Stratford? I've never been to it, but have heard it is pretty good.
-Frank

Old 03-01-2015, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the link! I will be there with my 64 Catalina...if this snow ever melts!