Old 04-24-2015, 09:53 PM

Default 1970 Judge

I am looking at buying a 70 Judge. It is white with a Blue interior, PHS documentation, 4 speed, ps, pb, tach and gauges, console, and safe t track. It was Ram Air 111 originally, but engine was replaced with a 73 or 74 400. All of the Ram Air parts are there including the exhaust manifolds. It is a non runner and needs a total resto. It has the original wheels and looks to have never had any collision damage. It has the usual GM rust around the back window corners and bottom of the quarters. I owned an automatic with air matching numbers 70 Judge in the same colors for 9 years. I am needing input on this cars value as it sits. It will need everything. I have a body shop and a soda blaster, but it will also need interior, and what would it really be worth restored with a correct engine or a hot rod engine?

Old 04-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If it needs everything and it's a non-matching car, I wouldn't restore it. The cost to restore will far exceed the value of the completed car.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:45 AM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Do whatever makes you happy!

Old 04-25-2015, 09:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hoog View Post
Do whatever makes you happy!
This^^^!
Sure, you will be upside-down in the end if you go with a full-blown resto, but it is a real Judge, and if your desire is to own one, go for it. Values are all over the place, but it being a 4-speed car is a big plus. Hard for anyone to give a value without being able to examine it but I will guess somewhere around 18-20k to buy it and what you end up will depend on how far you go with your restoration efforts. You said it needs "everything" and does not run, but is it all there as far is the driveline in place and are all the nuts/bolts/brackets there, or is this a basket case all taken apart and you have to haul it all away and try to figure out what goes where? Regardless, if it's a real Judge, save it!

1970 GTO Judge
RA-III, 4-SPD & A/C. Power Windows, Power Seat, Power Brakes, Steering, AM/FM, 8-Track, Formula Wheel, Rallye Gauges, Remote Mirror, Numbers Matching. Assembled at Pontiac, MI Plant 5/26/1970.

1968 GTO
461 CI, RA-III heads, Hotchkis springs, UMI suspension, Bilstein shocks, 12-bolt 3.73's.

1966 GTO Ragtop
4-Speed, AM/FM, Original driveline.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:28 AM

This is a 2 owner car that was driven and maintained. We found the receipt from the mechanic shop that installed the engine in 1982. Unfortunately, it sat outside for many years and the owner passed away. I think it would probably crank and run with a days work if the engine is not locked up. I can buy a nother White 70 Judge that is immaculate for about 35,000. It has been painted a long time and will eventually need paint. It is numbers matching, automatic with air. Price on 4 speed car is 12,000 to 15,000. Owner is not sure of how much it will take at this point.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:07 PM

I remember a white/blue car much like this one that sat in a garage in Mississippi for many, many years. If you have any history, was wondering if this might be it?

Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercar View Post
We I can buy another White 70 Judge that is immaculate for about 35,000. It has been painted a long time and will eventually need paint. It is numbers matching, automatic with air. Price on 4 speed car is 12,000 to 15,000. Owner is not sure of how much it will take at this point.
After you paint the $35,000 car, you will likely have far less in it than you will in the $12,000 car that needs everything including a Ram Air engine. And you will have an original engine.

Four-speed cars are more sought after, but I would prefer the auto in this case. But Steve had the right answer--Make yourself happy!

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Any news? What did you decide to do?

1970 GTO Judge
RA-III, 4-SPD & A/C. Power Windows, Power Seat, Power Brakes, Steering, AM/FM, 8-Track, Formula Wheel, Rallye Gauges, Remote Mirror, Numbers Matching. Assembled at Pontiac, MI Plant 5/26/1970.

1968 GTO
461 CI, RA-III heads, Hotchkis springs, UMI suspension, Bilstein shocks, 12-bolt 3.73's.

1966 GTO Ragtop
4-Speed, AM/FM, Original driveline.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:41 AM

I have decided not to pursue it as I don't need another full blown project. I usually start off with a big bang and get bored or run out of money. I want to build my 69 Judge and my 55 Nomad before I buy another full project.