Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default part that PY had is Not in the Ames Cat.

i need that chevelle part (sheet metal) that goes under the rear windsheild, and was wondering what happened to it, and also if there are other parts i don't know about that went bye bye. i noticed they have the piece for the front windshield tho

When a cat is dropped it always lands on its feet. When buttered toast is dropped it always lands with the buttered side facing down. If a piece of buttered toast was attached to the back of a cat, when dropped, the cat/buttered toast combination should hover, spinning just above the ground, as it tries unsuccessfully to resolve the inevitable conflict of non-scientific certainties.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Senior Chief

I believe Ames lists the panel as part L174H Steel rear window panel for 66-67 2 door. $99
Ames sort of groups thier catalog by area of the car i.e. front of car, rear of car, etc. So in a section that has front end parts you can find anything that you might need in that area of the car. The rear window panel is found in the rear section. If the part isn't called out in the index, you can often find what you are looking for by going to these unlabled sections and leafing through. This piece is on page 151 of the G31 catalog.

Last edited by rsavage; 05-12-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

hey, you are right! there it is. exact Cat i got and right on p 151. thanks again!

When a cat is dropped it always lands on its feet. When buttered toast is dropped it always lands with the buttered side facing down. If a piece of buttered toast was attached to the back of a cat, when dropped, the cat/buttered toast combination should hover, spinning just above the ground, as it tries unsuccessfully to resolve the inevitable conflict of non-scientific certainties.