67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 67-69 Convertible Top.. Which brand is best?

This is a follow-up post to my earlier thread on whether an original 68 Bird Top could have been zippered from the factory. So, while I'm gathering input on that thread, my next question for those of you that have replaced your tops, is which brand of top is the best. So far, among the better tops, I have found

ARO - Sell direct to the public and have been in business forever. Looks like they make and ship the tops as they get ordered. I talked with the owner who seems quite knowledgable

Robbins - Also in business for a long time. They sell through distributors. I had to call a distributor for information, but didn't really learn much more than was on their website. From reputation, they seem to be pretty good

KEE Tops - Sold by Heartbeat City and I think also Year One. I read various reviews on-line, but really couldn't tell if the tops were good or bad because there were some very obvious amateurs who bought them and didn't know what they were doing. Their reviews left me to conclude as reported. Other reviews from people who had these professionally installed seemed good for the most part.

So what say ye? I'm open for other sources as well. I did install one convertible top 30 years ago and it came out great. Time to do another. Who do ya'll recommend for a top (brand and source to buy it).

Regards,
OJ

Old 08-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Senior Chief

Bought the top for my '67 Bird from Firebird Central and it was a Kee product. Came with an 8-year guarantee and was great quality. Had a custom shop do the installation, and they had no issues at all and it looks great.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My top guy wanted to use Ez On

http://www.ezonauto.com

Old 08-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a Robbins on my bird. It looks to be very good quality. The installer insisted that I let him pick the top so I didn't get a cheap one.

I have Ez On top that came with my Tempest. I would only say its ok. It doesn't seem wide enough on my car. The material seems a just a bit thinner to me but might be my imagination. It flaps in the wind too. Most likely not tight enough.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure of the brand, but I put the heavier cloth top and non folding glass rear window. It was more expensive than the standard, but well worth the expense.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have green top 69 convert and am looking for a top. I assume there's one standard color for 69 Pontiac green... is it called dark green? Anyone know of a vendor for the green tops?

Old 12-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

69 Pontiac Conv top
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	415012  

Old 12-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pics