Old 10-17-2015, 12:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 3 pt replacement Front Seat Belt pictures. Morris Concept Version

I have been getting a lot of questions about what I run in my cars for seatbelts. As I am safety conscious , and I like to get my cars used, I went with a simple, easy and very user friendly aftermarket. I have had this set in this particular car for about 4 years. Morris concept belts are NOT cheap, BUt ARE available in Colors and buckle style. Link here
http://www.morrisclassicconcepts.com/camaro70-73.html
The car has a White headliner ( was going to have a white interior, but thats still sitting upstairs) I am using 2002 Pontiac Firebird Formula "Ebony" Seats from a wreck in 2003. I removed the electrics and used spacers. The front of my '72 seat track bolted up and back was only off a tiny bit and got welded. The Shoulder strap holder is from a 99 Pontiac Firebird Formula Convertible, it HAS a slot in it, which is only used on rag tops, but can easily be made. FOR cars with NO area to mount a strap restraint, you can use one that goes around the headrest mount and slides out from under the head cushion to the side, to keep your belt from flapping in the wind, when you travel solo.
I had intentions of a Full on Recarro interior, I have the front seats too, but they cost about $1,500 each to restore.
Getting in this car is just about like getting in a 4th gen, but not as low to the ground. The seat belt is a Quick 1 handed operation as are new cars. See pics.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m1.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	410519   Click image for larger version

Name:	m2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	410520   Click image for larger version

Name:	m3.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	410521   Click image for larger version

Name:	M4.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	410522   Click image for larger version

Name:	M5.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	410523  

Old 10-17-2015, 12:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

few more pics

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M6.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	410524   Click image for larger version

Name:	M7.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	410525   Click image for larger version

Name:	M8.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	410526  

Old 10-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks great! I've been driving my 71 everywhere, and I always imagine myself smashing my face off the wheel if someone hits me. Gotta love lap belts!

You gotta get those Recaros in something, they're far too pretty to have them sitting around! I have them in my 71 and I love them.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 10-17-2015, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well played Bruce, I like that very much but that mounting brkt looks a bit flimsy to me. Due to liability they must have tested it so It must be strong enough. I wear my lap belt on my 70 but find the harness extremely uncomfortable and restrictive. This looks like a great alternative for cars that are driven.