Old 01-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default RA cable joining bracket

Sorry if i missed it, I did a bunch of searches and still really didn't find an answer.

On the cable bracket and block setup joining the two cables, is there a consensus as to when the change was made between the type 1 and type 2 block setups? and the earlier "maybe baltimore only" winged bracket....considered what, type 0? I know inline's pretty high and mighty that the type 2 setup is incorrect but I notice that the drawing in the assembly manual for the type 2 is dated nov 1968 so I'm not believing his claim it was a late 70 only setup, especially since it was listed as both 69 and 70 in the MPC

A secondary question, did the upper pan change between the type 1 and type 2 blocks? reason I ask is that my pan has a slot in it and the bolts where the bracket would mount would be offset just like the type one bracket. so if I used a type 2 bracket on it, it would go across at an angle. So did they change the upper pan for type 2 or just do the angle?

Anyways, I've got an 03C car from Pontiac. I know neither type 1 or 2 actually work so functionality isn't that big a deal. Opinions on if it's too late for type 1? One of the comments in the searching revealed someone who said they hadn't found type 1's beyond feb built cars and wing bracket versions beyond the first 3 weeks of production.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The earliest bracket/bolt/washer version requires the original cables with bent ends to bolt into the bracket so that is probably out. I think we did find a non-Baltimore car that came with this set-up so it was not 100% Baltimore. I am not sure on the blocks so I'll shut up now!

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.