67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Realistic price for nos 67 fenders

What should I expect to pay for a set of fm fenders at a swap meet? In boxes fm stickers

1972 Maverick under slow construction
Old 04-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Most of the available NOS fenders were stamped using worn out dies. The detail around the wheel opening at the center is typically missing.. You might be better off finding better repros.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

1200 to 2k for a pair

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 04-23-2018, 08:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have been told the dynacorn/goodmark stuff is thin and also has stamping issues. ??
These particular ones i was looking at were atleast shipped to the dealer in 93-94 from what I can tell. still an old part for a 1967. guy was asking $1900 for the set. A few rows later i saw a set of GM 1968 camaro fenders for 2k for the set. pretty close to your range MarK
I need a passenger side, not really wanting to buy a pair.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:51 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammered View Post
Most of the available NOS fenders were stamped using worn out dies. The detail around the wheel opening at the center is typically missing.. You might be better off finding better repros.
LOL! Pretty funny statement right there. ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
1200 to 2k for a pair
I don't know about the 1200 number but the up to 2k for a pair is realistic. And do not expect "boxes". Body sheetmetal is not like emblems. Boxes usually either get trashed over the years or tossed due to the size.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:54 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmissle View Post
I have been told the dynacorn/goodmark stuff is thin and also has stamping issues. ??
Do not let people fool you. As good as some of these repop companies can be, there is still no substitute for original and/or NOS GM parts. There is also a time and place for these Chiwanese repop parts and fenders are not one of them.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
Do not let people fool you. As good as some of these repop companies can be, there is still no substitute for original and/or NOS GM parts. There is also a time and place for these Chiwanese repop parts and fenders are not one of them.
You evidently know more about his situation than I do since you know that the time and place he is in calls for NOS fenders.

I bought a set of NOS fenders in 2003 for $700/pr in the original GM boxes which showed they were shipped sometime in the '80s. I've also helped some friends install NOS fenders on Firebirds so I've seen more than one set with the problem I noted. In addition to lost features around the top of the fender arch, these fenders typically need a lot of work to bring the feature line (midway between the belt line and rocker) inward to match the profile of the door. There can also be gap issues with the door at the very top. As I also owned and operated a body shop at one time, I can tell you that such problems are not unique to GM or Firebird fenders.

When I bought my fenders, the repops were of lesser quality and the price differential was not as much as it is today so the choice was obvious. Since then, some repops have been released that are far better stampings in terms of shape and features than most NOS fenders. If you have a chance, compare them side to side at a swap meet. There are at least a half dozen versions of the the repop fenders out there, some from the same company so compare multiple sets.

If it is important to have a factory fender, I would first look for a used original, even if it needed minor repair.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I ended up buying the set. Just got back from NH if anyone needs an NOS drivers side it is in the classifieds. thanks for the input guys