Old 08-18-2018, 10:22 PM

Default Original exhaust hangers?

First pic, is the slider a Sears special or original? Next, can you tell that the tailpipe hanger is folded and goes over and under the frame? Original? It looks like I’d have to drop the gas tank to get it off. The Gardner repro just lays across the top of the frame.

March built Fremont Judge.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-21-2018, 02:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

tail pipe hanger is correct, the repops don't have the folded over piece that wrapped the frame. This style hanger was used on the automatics in 69 that had resonators to support the extra weight back there at the end of the frame

here's an NOS one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/69-Pontiac-...gAAMXQQtNR02WB

The muffler hanger looks original too except the fact that it's got that bracket bolted to it instead of the clamp going up through and tightening on the other side so that needs to come off if you want to do it correctly.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:33 AM

The mufflers were Midas, I think the exhaust replaced from the mufflers back at some point so the extra bracket probably was added to the muffler hanger then.

https://www.opgi.com/gto/1969/exhaus...-kits/G241908/
https://www.amazon.com/Judge-Grand-P.../dp/B06XRZ777Z
OPG and Amazon sell this one, looks much more correct. The Amazon ad says its an InlineTube exact reproduction.

Ames is similar.
https://secure.amesperf.com/qilan/De...A&web_access=Y

Last edited by dstryr; 08-21-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

?? how can the OPG/inline look "much more correct" than an NOS one that is also identical to what you have on the car now with the flap over the frame?

the OPG/inline versions do not have that. The Ames one looks like the NOS one.

It's been shown time and time again that Inlines version of what's an "exact oem" reproduction doesn't always coincide with reality. Do a search on the forums and you'll find many examples of that. I don't fault them for at least bringing some of this stuff to market when no one else has, but they tend to throw around the terms NOS and OEM a little too broadly.

I've had two cars with those original resonator hangers still in place and they're identical to the NOS one I linked from ebay and the picture of yours.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto4evr View Post
?? how can the OPG/inline look "much more correct" than an NOS one that is also identical to what you have on the car now with the flap over the frame?

the OPG/inline versions do not have that. The Ames one looks like the NOS one.

It's been shown time and time again that Inlines version of what's an "exact oem" reproduction doesn't always coincide with reality. Do a search on the forums and you'll find many examples of that. I don't fault them for at least bringing some of this stuff to market when no one else has, but they tend to throw around the terms NOS and OEM a little too broadly.

I've had two cars with those original resonator hangers still in place and they're identical to the NOS one I linked from ebay and the picture of yours.
4ever,
thanks for pointing out the differences.. the pics aren't great on the repros. That's why I come here, excellent advice and insight so don't spend the $$ twice.

I'll have more questions. My Judge has over 100,000 miles and will be getting a trans rebuild, rear pinion seal, exhaust, front suspension rebuild. Hopefully will have most of it done this fall.