The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 12-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Exclamation Touch Up Paint for scratch

Sorry this isn't for any Pontiac but I'd figure I'd ask the experts in the Body Shop.

My 2013 Buick Verano was keyed on both passenger doors. Anyone have a particular brand of touch up paint they like to use for factory colors? Thanks.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:53 AM

I'm by no means an expert. Once a year or so I'll buy a salvage car or truck from an insurance auction and fix it up. I'll use it for a daily driver for a while then kick it down the road and do it all over again. I sometimes make a few dollars when sold, sometimes I break even. If one of these cars needs paint work I'll use:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

You have to input the factory paint code along with make, year, etc., choose how you want it and in a week or so the paint shows up at the house. You can get it in several different forms like a paint pen, a small bottle with a brush, larger quantities (pints, quarts, gallons) so you can spray or even in aerosol cans. You may be able to get your local automotive paint supply to provide the same. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Here is the latest car I fixed up and now using as a daily driver (2007 G6). I replaced the front clip, the upper radiator support, radiator and AC condenser. It turned out ok I guess. Is it a perfect match? Nope, but very close and just fine for what I need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007 G6 - 010_Before.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	500054   Click image for larger version

Name:	2007 G6 - 011_During.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	500055   Click image for larger version

Name:	2007 G6 - 013_After-02.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	500056  

1955 Pontiac Chieftain - 2 Dr Wagon - Newest project
2008 Chevy Silverado 4X4 - Daily driver
Old 12-13-2018, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I used the automotive touch up.com to get paint for my TATA. It matched spot on. I believe they custom mix as ordered and it took about a week for me to get mine. They have it available in spray bombs, quarts and gallons. I recommend them fwiw.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:35 PM
Suspended

For best match buy it from a GM dealer. If it is a metallic color, do not expect it to match at all, especially if it is a silver, red or a pearlescent.