THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default The H.A.M.B.

Hi everyone. I was just over at the HAMB looking for a particular car. I saw that they have hundreds of pages of cars for sale. I was trying to narrow down my search but couldn't figure it out. Is this possible at that site. I was looking for a box to type something in but couldn't find anything. Thanks, Carmine.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Senior Chief

In the red heading on the top off the page click on the magnifying glass icon to search.

97 F250 7.3 turbo diesel
85 CJ7 Laredo
65 Impala SS 396, 4 spd, A/C.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Senior Chief

Just below the red heading. Upper left.

97 F250 7.3 turbo diesel
85 CJ7 Laredo
65 Impala SS 396, 4 spd, A/C.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
In the red heading on the top off the page click on the magnifying glass icon to search.
Be sure to click on "More" after the search window opens up, that allows you to further refine your search by date and subforum

Old 03-13-2019, 08:51 PM
Senior Chief

Also, remember the HAMB is pretty strict on '64 and older content. Cars like Firebird or GTO might not come up in a search. But, there are plenty of hard core Pontiac guys hanging around there if you need anything.

What are you looking to buy?

-Abone.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamedabone View Post
Also, remember the HAMB is pretty strict on '64 and older content. Cars like Firebird or GTO might not come up in a search. But, there are plenty of hard core Pontiac guys hanging around there if you need anything.

What are you looking to buy?

-Abone.
He's looking for a '57 Pontiac, so he's good.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
He's looking for a '57 Pontiac, so he's good.
Yes. That's correct. A '57 Pontiac, Carmine.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Suspended

Cool hot rods and some great metal workers there but the place is full of goofy people who live their lives with Rustoleum paint jobs as well as 1 tube of JB Weld at a time. Funny how a Buick Riviera is "HAMB worthy" but a '64 GTO will get you banned. Its best to just be a lurker there.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

agree..lurking is better than participating... its a huge wealth of info...unbelievable about what the pool of knowledge contains

asking a million questions..and they will toss you like last weeks garbage...just sayin'..especially off topic..in other words street rod type cars..unless its a lead sled....thats just my opinion

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 03-14-2019, 11:30 AM
Suspended

Here is the metality of that place and its dictator Ryan Cochran - https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/.../#post-6524343

Old 03-14-2019, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The rules at the H.A.M.B. are very well defined. In this crazy world where it seems many rules are written simply to provide jobs for word processors, I applaud an administrator who actually follows the rules, and requires others to do the same.

Like here, some extremely knowledgeable and talented individuals frequent that forum. One of my favorite automotive forums.

Follow the rules, and you will have no issues.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:09 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbking View Post
The rules at the H.A.M.B. are very well defined. In this crazy world where it seems many rules are written simply to provide jobs for word processors, I applaud an administrator who actually follows the rules, and requires others to do the same.

Like here, some extremely knowledgeable and talented individuals frequent that forum. One of my favorite automotive forums.

Follow the rules, and you will have no issues.

Jon.
LOL! If you say so.

Quote:
Sometimes I just ban people because it makes me feel better about myself.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yeah, I like looking from time to time. It's something different. I don't think I ever posted anything there. I was initially inquiring as to how to avoid all the cars for sale and look just for a particular year/make. I tried the suggestion offered me here, but that site bounces me off in short time. Oh well, Carmine.

Old 03-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They have an excellent for sale section, maybe the best on in the forum world. And there are always some old guys who can visually identify all sorts of weird parts. Like a random piece of chrome trim that you cant figure out what it goes to. I don't frequent the board though. My 1964 Galaxie is borderline. I cant speak of how good or not so good the general members are.

When I get my 43 MB in a good place I was thinking of dangling it on the HAMB for a straight axle project.

I do feel that their forum is easily searchable. Not sure why it was giving you problems. I bought my Galaxie off there, and nearly bought a 56 Buick. Both of which I was searching for specifically.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 03-14-2019, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The only 1957 Pontiac listed in the last three years is a convertible, last post Oct 2018.

Just searched for 1957 Pontiac. There were 8~10 postings in the last 10 years or so.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There's a '57 tripower manifold and carb setup for sale on the HAMB, there's a little discussion about it in Carmine's thread here in the 1960 and earlier section.

As for how Ryan runs the HAMB and the 'ban' comment above, you have to understand his sense of humor. He's a good guy in my opinion.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
There's a '57 tripower manifold and carb setup for sale on the HAMB, there's a little discussion about it in Carmine's thread here in the 1960 and earlier section.

As for how Ryan runs the HAMB and the 'ban' comment above, you have to understand his sense of humor. He's a good guy in my opinion.
I did find that tripower intake and I'm actually speaking with the owner. Waiting to get a price on shipping. I know it's crazy, I don't even have a car to put it on. But, I might some day and I do like to tinker. If I get it, definitely will restore it. Guess I'll just look at it. Therapeutic lol, Carmine.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My neighbor has a 57 Pontiac 2 door hardtop, not a Catalina, maybe a Chieftan? It's a driver, don't know if it's for sale but you never know. Where are you located?

There is a 57 Safari 2 door wagon on the HAMB now, project car but pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Last edited by 63 Pontiac; 03-14-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:10 PM
Senior Chief

"Sometimes I just ban people because it makes me feel better about myself."

Ryan said that in jest. It was sarcasm, hyperbole, not to be taken seriously. I know him fairly well and vouch for his character not only on the internet, but also live in person.

In other news, I hope you find a nice '57. I would LOVE to have a shiny black 2 door hardtop.

-Abone.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:10 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamedabone View Post
"Sometimes I just ban people because it makes me feel better about myself."

Ryan said that in jest. It was sarcasm, hyperbole, not to be taken seriously. I know him fairly well and vouch for his character not only on the internet, but also live in person.

In other news, I hope you find a nice '57. I would LOVE to have a shiny black 2 door hardtop.

-Abone.
Justify it any way you want because you are one of his friends. That place has a handfull of cliquey pompous asses, enough for people to stay away from the hamb. But that place is the only forum I have ever seen to be famous enough for banning people that there is this...