69 TA Tribute
Since I can't afford a real one, this is the next best thing. To me, there is a difference between a clone and a tribute. A clone looks like the real thing, but on the inside it isn't. A rear wing and hood can be added to a 69 Firebird and painted white with blue stripes. But it can still have it's 350 with 2 speed hydromatic transmission. A tribute car is built exactly the way an original would be built and that's what I've been doing here. When I bought this car all of the body work had already been done. And it was done right with an original Trans Am hood. The only body work I did was to make the side air extractors functional as they are on a real TA. I changed other little details like the shift handle in the interior, and added the power steering cooling line to name a couple. I also got a Ram Air IV intake kit. The motor was built stock with a '73 400 block and 4X heads, 67 GTO intake, and Quadrajet carb off an Olds Toronado 455. I am currently in the process of rebuilding it to a more respectable 400 hp.
IMG 0401
IMG 0748
IMG 0749
IMG 0741
IMG 0735