A vacation of speed, power, and history!
From The Rail Museum to The Reno Air Races to The Air and Space Museum...
P 51 2010
Last turn, P 51, Yak, Corsair
Twin radial Navy night fighter
Unlimited Gold Rolls in a chopped P 51
IMGA0828
Twin nail head Buick's used to start the SR-71. They spin 9,000rpm to start the engines!! Far out!!
IMGA0830
The epitome of the jet fighter, THE F-104 Starfighter! "Missile with a man"! COOL!
IMGA0820
Is that a wing or a football field with props? THE SPRUCE GOOOSE! This was taken standing in the cockpit looking out the window over the pilot seat...
You can see the open window above the cockpit I took the wing shot from. It's WAY WAY up there! COOL! It's still one of the largest planes ever built.
Me-262 and behind it the enormity of the "Spruce Goose"!
I don't know if I should get popcorn for the mini movie theater size cockpit or what! COOL!
IMGA0790
Instruments for charting the vibration of the plane. They never had to use them. It was vibrating so badly they new it wouldn't work. Mr. Hughes...
The cockpit of the "Spruce Goose". If you go see the museum it is a must to go up there and get your picture taken right in the seat where Howard...
Yes, I was allowed in the display! Isn't that COOL! There were people standing there getting a tour as the volunteer took that picture of me in the...
IMGA0652
IMGA0500
IMGA0499
IMGA0495
IMGA0472
IMGA0483
IMGA0476
IMGA0475