PDA

View Full Version : Spherical Control arm bushings

Skip Fix
11-11-2004, 03:34 PM
What do you guys think of spherical bushings in the front lower control arms or all the rear control arms of an A body? I have seen several cricel track ones that have teh bearing snap ringed in a weld in sleeve in the front and some that the sleeves press in the rear arms but alos use a snap ring. They have a two piece sleeve that I guess squeezes the round part so it turns in the race and not the sleeve in the round portion.

You al feel comfortable whith a snap ring holding it in the sleeve. Obviously the bolt will hold the complete assembly in place.

Skip Fix
11-11-2004, 03:34 PM
What do you guys think of spherical bushings in the front lower control arms or all the rear control arms of an A body? I have seen several cricel track ones that have teh bearing snap ringed in a weld in sleeve in the front and some that the sleeves press in the rear arms but alos use a snap ring. They have a two piece sleeve that I guess squeezes the round part so it turns in the race and not the sleeve in the round portion.

You al feel comfortable whith a snap ring holding it in the sleeve. Obviously the bolt will hold the complete assembly in place.

VCho455
11-11-2004, 07:09 PM
This is common in road racing. The down side is the car will ride very harsh and be much noisier than it was. They also have a short life span. If you want more info on how to do this the right way get a copy of Carroll Smiths book ENGINEER TO WIN. Remember circle track cars only have to last 30 minute races or they are over engineered.

Skip Fix
11-12-2004, 07:58 AM
But then a drag car only has to last 10 seconds a lap!

Jeff Walker
11-12-2004, 08:06 AM
I am using them in my drag car in the back. Actually a bought a kit with the control arms, upper bushings and sway bar from Wolfe Race Craft. Have had no problems with them with about 100 passes on everything. If you are just drag racing your car I would recommend using them.

KGTO
11-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Got em in my 67 as well. Purchased with the uppers from Wolfe, nice parts!